Harry and Megsy

Spoilt brats or NOT?

Message 1 of 171
Latest reply
170 REPLIES 170

Harry and Megsy

@imastawka wrote:

In 2011, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie โ€” the daughters of Prince Andrew โ€” had their security stripped because they were not "working royals", leaving them to foot the reported $500,000 ($AUD900,000) a year price tag on their own.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's security crisis began long before their royal exit (msn.com)

The debate around security for members of the royal family is an old one, and there are no publicly available rules about who does and doesnโ€™t get it. Until 2011 Prince Andrewโ€™s daughters, Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, had received protection at a reported cost of ยฃ500,000 per year; since then they have provided their own, and both princesses and their husbands make their own incomes. A police task force, the Royal and VIP Executive Committee, handles a list of essential public figures and royals who have round-the-clock protection funded primarily by the state.

Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markleโ€™s Security Protection Was Such a Big Deal | Vanity Fair

Ten years ago.   Anyone hear the  Princesses whining?

How come they are still Princesses? And I didn't watch the H & M interview - where they whining about the loss of paid security...with all the money they have...Wow

Message 161 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

@katistrophik wrote:

How come they are still Princesses? And I didn't watch the H & M interview - where they whining about the loss of paid security...with all the money they have...Wow

Because Andrew is a child of the reigning Monarch - his children get Princey.

Harry - won't become a child of the reigning Monarch till Charlie takes over.

Message 162 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

@domino-710 wrote:

@katistrophik wrote:

I must admit, I find all this protocol stuff fascinating and love to indulge in 'whatifs'

What if Charles dies before the Queen does.  William becomes King but Harry misses the required step of being a child of a reigning monarch.  Will Archie and his yet to be born sister get Princey then??

Message 163 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

Not automatically.  It would be up to the monarch - William.

But I doubt it.

Message 164 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

@ambercat16 wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

@katistrophik wrote:

I must admit, I find all this protocol stuff fascinating and love to indulge in 'whatifs'

What if Charles dies before the Queen does.  William becomes King but Harry misses the required step of being a child of a reigning monarch.  Will Archie and his yet to be born sister get Princey then??

LOL - we are going to have to advise the Palace.

Harry then becomes brother of the King & 4th in line to the throne.

It could be Princey Archie & Princessy ???

As Betty & Margaret were the daughters of George - the younger brother of David ( Edward V111 ) - both Princeyesses.

Message 165 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

All I can say - is that is was a good thing we were able to purchase ' ours ' .Robot Very Happy

Message 167 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

Yes indeedy, Your Ladyship

curtsey2.gif

Oh wait................... I don't have to do that anymore.

I'm a Lady too

Big bang theory tiara GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Message 168 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

The Meghan and Harry interview featured a big plot twist: He cast Charles as a villain in their story

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-14/harry-meghan-interview-reveals-charles-and-his-son-are-at-odd...

Message 169 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

Diana did a lot of damage with that interview. Not so much to the Monarchy, but she seemed to forget that one day her sons would read her book and see the  interviews and this claim would hurt.

I have to say I doubt any male royal would prefer a female, most want an heir and a spare - in saying that Charles is a little 'different' so maybe.

Message 170 of 171
Latest reply