Harry and Megsy

Spoilt brats or NOT?

Message 1 of 171
Latest reply
170 REPLIES 170

Harry and Megsy

I quite like him, no thoughts about her really, so not a royalist as I don't see the point in the monarchy.

Not sure if spoilt would be the word, but they (as are all the royals) very indulged

Message 2 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Spoilt brats or NOT?

I'll wait til I see what Deluded Bob thinks.

Message 3 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

Harry : I don't think I saw a spoilt brat at aged 12 forced to walk behind his mother's coffin - in front of the world.

I doubt if that could happen today.

He served in Afghanistan - and has his Invicta Games.

As for Megsy - totally different kettle of ' fishy '.

Message 4 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Worst mistake the Queen has made is to let them keep the Sussex titles.

Meg will trade on that but Harry does not need it....he is still a Prince.

I am please to see that they have lost all patronages etc in the UK.

May they sink or swim in the USA!

Message 5 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

Who knows Lyndal - the 12 months is up at the end of March - they may lose it/maybe not.

It certainly doesn't mean much in the USA - they are more familiar with ' The Dukes of Hazzard '. lol

Message 6 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

I think they are both very naive to think they would keep their UK patronages (military AND charities etc) if they aren't going to be actually living in England.  Besides I'll bet there will be a LOT of US charities and causes that will be clamouring for their patronage.

As for keeping the Sussex titles, even Edward VIII was made the Duke of Windsor after his abdication so I don't thnk it matters.  Better for Meghan to be known under the Sussex title than to see some American magazine refer to her as Princess Meghan!

Message 7 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

I've always felt that Harry is a take or leave it kind of person and easy going.  I suspect he would not like this break with his family.  But as in so many such cases the wife holds the apron strings and what she says goes. Meg seems to be a really tough cookie.   Similar to the way Wallis Simpson completely ruled the Duke of Windsor who came across as a reasonably easy going type..

Message 9 of 171
Latest reply

Harry and Megsy

Harry is a lot more relaxed I think than most, but then I guess he knows he is in no way going to attain the throne, so doesn't have to be as 'proper' as his brother and family.

I have always thought of him as a bit of a larakin, not afraid to have some fun, but I haven't warmed up to her much, no reason, just think he could maybe have done better.

Judgmental Me!

Message 10 of 171
Latest reply