Help out our Aussie winegrowers - Drink more wine. :)

The Aussie wine industry has an over supply of wine due to covid, Chinese boycotts and inflation.

So lets help our fellow buddies in that industry and drink more wine. 🙂

Afterall wine oclock seems to be earlier these days and chardy's, shiraz's are household names.

We can do it, get with the spirit. 🙂

https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/wine-glut-forces-australian-growers-to-destroy-millions-of-vines-...

Note - this is a little tongue in cheek and drink responsibly of course. 😉

image host
Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Help out our Aussie winegrowers - Drink more wine. :)

Oh for goodness sake.

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

Not at all and to the contrary I would think.

Your turn.

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

"They used to say a cigarette was good for your health as well".

They used to say an egg a day was good for your health too. 

Then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't, then it was.....bash-head.gif

Lets face it, they tell us **bleep**.

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

' Not at all ' - what ??

Contrary to - what ??

My turn.

They used to say the world was flat.

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

The polyphenols in red wine may help with heart health.

I’m equivocal about it because I’d like to see better and more controlled studies, and I also take issue with the definition of “moderate” being used by some medical writers and study defines as “one glass a day”. My own idea of moderate is two or three glasses a week. I tend more to the “light” or “occasional” consumption of alcohol, and I think I enjoy that occasional glass all the more because of that.

Nonalcoholic wines have a long way to go before they can rival the complex flavours and aromas…

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

Vanity Fair - 2017

And Food and Wine uncovered another detail about the Queen’s daily intake: the 91-year-old reportedly consumes four cocktails a day. And why shouldn’t she!? Let’s run through what they are:

Her first drink, per former royal chef Darren McGrady, enjoyed shortly before lunch, is a gin and Dubonnet with a slice of lemon and a “lot of ice.” Sure, this sounds about right. A classy and posh and powerful concoction.

Then, during lunch, she’ll have a piece of chocolate and a glass of wine at meal’s end. (That we have been eating lunch all these years without closing with a piece of chocolate and glass of wine now makes us feel utterly foolish.)

O.K., then, also at lunch, the Queen drinks a dry gin martini, according to her cousin Margaret Rhodes. So, yes, we are now at three drinks by roughly 1 p.m.

Her final drink of the day? It actually doesn’t come until she’s going to sleep: a glass of Champagne before bed.

The way her four drinks are spaced out throughout the day is not really how we would have anticipated it, but maybe—likely—the Queen knows something we don’t. Three drinks before the end of lunch . . . and then a break until bedtime: the key to success and longevity and happiness? Perhaps the Queen is really onto something. If she didn’t already have enough on her plate, we would be encouraging her right now to start a Goop or Draper James of her own; we can only imagine what other sort of lifestyle-related tips she must have to share.

LOL

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

And let's not forget. :

“Having a drink might be the nudge that people need to leave their homes and bond with their friends,” Buettner says.

And let’s not forget the Queen Mum, Elizabeth II’s mother, whose daily regimen of Dubonnet, wine, port, champagne, and icy martinis did nothing to impede her royal endurance.

She lived to the age of 101.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

There’s no rival to a really good champagne …!

🍾🥂

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

I used to drink grape juice until I found it was full of sugar so now I just eat the grapes as they came from nature. Theres nothing wrong with a glass of wine but I was not able to find any study to prove the health benefits of it. Everything said "may" which was not surprising when you look at the size of the industry and for as long as I can remember people would say a glass is good for your health. Its also good for peoples lack of social skills, except if you have a few too many any every one else is sober.

One study even said people who drank wine in moderation lived longer than those who did not drink at all. Then you check the study and find out those that did not drink wine anymore where recovering alcoholics with major health issues from years of drinking prior.

I enjoy fruit scones at the moment and the thought of a desert wine would go well with them. But then could I stop with one glass as I can't stop with just one scone.

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Guess I'm just a glass half full kind of girl. LOL

Message 30 of 32
Latest reply