Hi, Anyone know a good Cocker Spaniel breeder in Vic?

Does anyone know of a good Cocker Spaniel breeder in Victoria?

Needs to be all black long haired.

Looking to get one for mum, like the one she had in Denmark.

Appreciate some direction from the knowledgable cocker lovers. TIA. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Hi, Anyone know a good Cocker Spaniel breeder in Vic?

Definitely will. Smiley Happy

(It may be some time though as I believe there are usually waiting lists from good breeders).

image host
Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Hi, Kopes,

May I suggest that you take your mother to the Show in Cranbourne? You will see by her reaction if she really wants a dog. She may even fall in love with one that is not all black.

It is not always a bonding relationship between a pup and an owner when the puppy is given as a gift. Better to let the puppy choose the person it prefers to be with. In all my years of having pets, I found it to be true. Animals have such fine-tuned instinct, they can feel a personality clash even as young puppies or kittens.

Good Luck. I hope you find what you are looking for and your Mother will be happy.

Erica

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

Too true..........when Whitney went to look at Cocker pups, initially she was leaning towards a brown and white parti...........then Darwin put in an appearance, and the two bonded at once...........When she comes home from work, he gets so excited, his little tail goes a million miles an hour.

These are our two rescue Cockers, Cleo, the black one, passed in November...........Bailey, a number of years ago.

cleo and bailey.jpg

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

Erica, breeders do not sell pups at the show.  It is a good chance to meet people, and chose person who is happy to have you to come and see their dogs and kennels.  You can sus people on neutral ground, and see their show dogs, then decide if you want to go further.  Sometimes people will bring the whole litter to a show to get them used to the environment, but good breeder would not just hand pup over in a show to person who just approached them. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

Super, I understand that.

What I mean was for Kopes to take his mother to the show to see if she was interested in having a dog again. Like somone said, not every older person wants the responsibility of a pet.

Then, when his mother shows an interest, they can take the matter further. Kopes, I think, is a good judge of peoples character and will find a breeder that is genuine, compssionate and honest.

Erica

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

Mum and Dad with dogs.

PTDC0040.JPG PTDC0041.JPG

PTDC0038.JPG

image host
Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

What a handsome couple. Your mother is beautiful, Kopes.

Looks as if there was not only one dog that was loved. Hope you find the right solution to make your Mum happy again.

Erica

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply