Hong Kong riots

These riots in Hong Kong are getting very nasty. I'm wondering how China will react.
they are so afraid to lose face and are very controlling yet I'm wondering if they would be game to repeat the Tiananmen square massacre ... On one hand I would not put it past them but on the other the international reaction would have to be total condemnation.
In this era of internet and press freedom it would surely be the end of any trade hopes long term.
It is terrifying yet curious where it will end...
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hong Kong riots

martinw-48
Community Member
They will retaliate in the same manner as Tianenmen square and the world will do nothing.
Money is more important than people.
This is proven daily
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The worst thing is that it is hardly a surprise it has got to this. 

If anyone expected the Chinese government to run Hong Kong without inevitably enforcing their mainland rules, they must have been delusional.

I wonder how it will end....and what it all means for Taiwan as well.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

There seems to be clear evidence that China has oppritives in our unis ...IV read of activists' here having family detained in China as retaliation for speaking out.
It's something our government really needs to deport over and take very seriously if we have chinas communist activists' here .
I really think China is just becoming like Stalin's Russia
It is terrifying the possible outcomes .
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

martinw-48
Community Member
Yeah, like our money loving trough dwellers will do anything that would possibly halt Chinese money
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply