How does it make it harder for people smugglers if the government doesn't tell us

when people drown until Friday or whatever day they decide to tell us?

Can someone explain how this secrecy of boat arrivals discourages people smugglers?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How does it make it harder for people smugglers if the government doesn't tell us

@**meep** wrote:

Can someone explain how this secrecy of boat arrivals discourages people smugglers?

we're not advertising how their product is performing.

thats just rot meep, they know precisely 'how they are going' being there at the coalface so to speak. no, its the Australian public who are being kept in the dark.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@donnashuggy wrote:

when people drown until Friday or whatever day they decide to tell us?

the secrecy protects the government from their own promises.  they obviously have huge doubts about keeping that one themselves

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

That cash woman with the awful hairstyle said it was to discourage them, she was very excited maybe she meant to say something else.

On a serious note, if there are massive drownings I think we should be told immediately, it would be terrible to have that reported via individuals who happened to witness it. The lnp said they really cared about the loss of life.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

That cash woman with the awful hairstyle said it was to discourage them, she was very excited maybe she meant to say something else.

On a serious note, if there are massive drownings I think we should be told immediately, it would be terrible to have that reported via individuals who happened to witness it. The lnp said they really cared about the loss of life.

So you can swim out and save all drowning people.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@**meep** wrote:

thats just rot meep, they know precisely 'how they are going' being there at the coalface so to speak. no, its the Australian public who are being kept in the dark.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

You can't seriously buy that?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

what meep says makes perfect sense and is working

loony lefties can cry in their beer for the next 12 years

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

You can't seriously buy that?

exactly.  why would anyone one want to buy/pay a fortune without some sort of guarantee?
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

@*ibis wrote:

what meep says makes perfect sense and is working

loony lefties can cry in their beer for the next 12 years

so far all we know is that rudds plan reduced the flow. . and i hate rudds stupid plan.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply