Phone charge question

meh_too
Community Member

Last night I called my son in the Netherlands for 5 minutes.  However when I got up this morning my OH tells me that I did not hang up the phone properly.  Does this mean I will be charged until he he hung up the phone this morning?  

I am sick with this.  Smiley Sad   I have been trying to get this kid home for 2 months and I just cant afford any more money dramas with him. Its cost me thousands already.  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Phone charge question

unfortunately I think you will be chargedWoman Embarassed

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

i am not sure, you could ring up your phone provider and ask and also explain what happened

they may even waiver the call.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

I thought nowdays they automatically disconnected when either side hung up?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

Thanks for all your replies.

I have been onto Telstra and they informed me that the call only last just under 8 minutes and the cost was $8.  Phew!  I worked out if the call lasted all night, it would have cost over $450.

I should start a new thread with the saga of getting this kid home, but there is now light at the end of the tunnel and I am hoping he will be here by the end of the month.  So he can get a job and start paying me back!

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

Still laughing hysterically at the concept of a kid paying you back!!!!  I'm 56 and my father says he's not making a will until my siblings and I settle the accounts, because he still hasn't recovered financially from the cost of raising, feeding and educating us.

I have 3 teenagers still in education, so it's not likely he'll see anything from me in a hurry.

If he dies intestate, we still get whatever there is don't we?

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

If he dies intestate, we still get whatever there is don't we?

Cheers,

Marina.

By the time the lawyers have finished with an intestate estate it will be less than it would if there had been a will.

Go slap him and tell him he will create a night mare if he doesnt have a valid will and to go sort it out while he can

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

Was only joking about the intestate thing - we have way too many lawyers in the family for anyone to get away with such silliness - I may take your suggeation to slap him though!

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

Its something I am not finding funny at the moment

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Phone charge question

I call a friend in El Salvador occasionally and Telstra charges me $15 per minute 😞
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply