How does the Royal thing work?

If George had have been a Georgina, being the first born, would she have gotten to be Queen one day, even if she got a younger brother, or would the female be bypassed in favour of the male?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 99
Latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

Who needs shows like "Days of Our Lives" when you've got the Royal Family, eh?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 91 of 99
Latest reply

The rules have relaxed hugely since then.  Divorce for anyone was a no-no, even though mucking around has been acceptable and seemimgly compulsory for hundreds of years.  Now we have a future king who was divorced and married a divorced woman.  Three of the queen's children have been divorced and the other has a sham marriage.  Victoria would be turning in her urn. 

Message 92 of 99
Latest reply

Victoria was Edward the Seventh's mother. He was a notoriously naughty boy.

Nothing changes...if they can, they do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 93 of 99
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

The rules have relaxed hugely since then.  Divorce for anyone was a no-no, even though mucking around has been acceptable and seemimgly compulsory for hundreds of years.  Now we have a future king who was divorced and married a divorced woman.  Three of the queen's children have been divorced and the other has a sham marriage.  Victoria would be turning in her urn. 

what is she doing in an urn?

and .....she did marry her first cousin..............

Message 94 of 99
Latest reply

Hence all the receding chins.

Message 95 of 99
Latest reply

Betty and Phil are cousins too I believe

edit - just googled - third cousin

Message 96 of 99
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
Victoria was Edward the Seventh's mother. He was a notoriously naughty boy.

Nothing changes...if they can, they do.

I agree, The current Royals, have got nothing on those from previous generations as far as notorious behaviour.

Easier for them to try and keep their secrets then too, disagree with a Royal's behaviour and you may get your head chopped off. No internet spreading gossip around the world in hours after an indiscretion. No mobile phone camera photos taken at inopportune times.

I think they learnt alot over the Princess Margaret issue too (scarred by forbidden love).

Message 97 of 99
Latest reply

Just out of interest, I have met

Phil

Charles

Harry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 98 of 99
Latest reply

My Granny (103yo) chatted with the Queen when she was on tour  in NZ, which got Granny a nice article in the newspaper. She really wanted to live till she was a 100 so she could get a letter from the Queen.

Message 99 of 99
Latest reply