How does the Royal thing work?

If George had have been a Georgina, being the first born, would she have gotten to be Queen one day, even if she got a younger brother, or would the female be bypassed in favour of the male?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 99
Latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

Elizabeth II is the present Sovereign and her heir apparent is her eldest son, Charles, Prince of Wales. Second in line is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, the Prince of Wales's eldest son. Third in line is Prince George of Cambridge, the son of the Duke of Cambridge. Fourth in line is Prince Harry.

Message 21 of 99
Latest reply

@diamond-halo wrote:

OK, so

Queen Elizabeth abdicates/retires/dies or whatever it is that Queens do when they stop being Queens

Prince Phillip (her Husband) if still alive, does not get to be King, right? Right.

Instead, it will probably be Prince Charles

so lets run with that.

Once King Charles is done,

Prince William gets the crown, right? Yes

Now, if Prince Williasm dies before he gets to be king, does one of his offspring get a shot, or is it Prince Harry that gets a look in?  George gets a shot

So Prince Harry would have had a shot if Prince William died without kids, right? Yes

But since Prince William now does have a child

If he is the only child, he will become King, right? Yes

Harry missed the boat, didn't he? Yes

But if George was a girl, would this child still get to be Queen, even if she had a younger brother? Yes

Crikey!

Message 22 of 99
Latest reply

@freakiness wrote:

Yes, a girl would still be first in line over her younger brothers and Prince Harry.

Cool thanks!

Message 23 of 99
Latest reply

If Prince william died and george was georgina, I'm pretty sure she'd be queen before Harry or any of his kids got a look in

Message 24 of 99
Latest reply

even if he wasn't the monarch at the time ?

I am so out of touch

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 25 of 99
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

If Prince william died and george was georgina, I'm pretty sure she'd be queen before Harry or any of his kids got a look in

I was pretty sure of that, but was wondering if a little brother was born, if the first born was a girl, would she still get to lead the Monarchy iykwim

Message 26 of 99
Latest reply

???

Regent

Message 27 of 99
Latest reply

Yes, George or Georgina would be crowned, as succession laws were changed.

regardless of the gender of any next born.

now, for the thought that if William was no longer alive and had not been King, then George becomes King. That is true. It would not be King Harry unless there was also no George or other child of William's alive...However, if George was still a child, then Harry could be made Regent.

so then Harry would be Prince Regent...for anyone who has seen Blackadder, that would work out ๐Ÿ™‚

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 28 of 99
Latest reply

Greencat If William dies while he is heir to the throne, his heir, i.e. George, will succeed him as heir to the throne.

The Act of succession has been change to allow the firstborn child to succeed its parent regardless of its gender.

Message 29 of 99
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Yes, George or Georgina would be crowned, as succession laws were changed.

regardless of the gender of any next born.

now, for the thought that if William was no longer alive and had not been King, then George becomes King. That is true. It would not be King Harry unless there was also no George or other child of William's alive...However, if George was still a child, then Harry could be made Regent.

so then Harry would be Prince Regent...for anyone who has seen Blackadder, that would work out ๐Ÿ™‚

George becomes King

does Georgina become Queen ?

Message 30 of 99
Latest reply