I got an email for Unpaid item case.

I got an email for Unpaid item case. I already sent an email to eBay informing it that I cancelled my order as I ordered the same item on eBay from another seller situated not far from where I live. Despite my explanation, I received un unpaid item case. I add that the seller who is complaining hasn't send the item. Can you cancelle this case as I ordered my item elsewhere on eBay.
R.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

we cannot cancel the case, we are all members just like you

A buyer cannot cancel the sale once they have bid and are the winner bidder

No point emailing ebay with excuses, they cannot cancel either

A 'buyer' can ASK the seller to cancel but no seller is obligated to accept a cancel request, especially because the buyer simply changed their mind. Sellers are charged fees as soon as their item sells, even if the 'buyer' does not pay

Naturally they would not have sent something you have not paid for

If the seller does not agree to cancel , you will have 4 days to pay. You can always sell it yourself once it arrives

If you choose not to pay, you will be given a strike. More than two of those will mean you will be very limited as most seller's have blocks in place so people who do not pay cannot bid on their items 

Don't blame the seller for your decision to buy another item when you had already committed to buy from them, they have every right to recover their fees

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You are not informing ebay here.  We are only members like yourself.

A seller is quite within their rights to open an unpaid item dispute if you have not paid.

Cancelling an order is sometimes detrimental to a seller and they can get defects

for doing so.

Just ignore it.    You will get a strike against your account, and as long as you don't

do it again, there really won't be any consequences.

Note to self....type faster

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Seeing as you"re new to ebay,  maybe you should read this -

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/buyer-rules-overview.html

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Don't worry about it, the email wording on the unpaid item is really stupid and eBay don't carry through with their threats unless you are a VERY high offender of not paying......

Photobucket
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Seller has to report unpaid item so they can get their ebay selling fee's back.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Sellers can still get their fees back with a cancellation too.

But then they might get a defect.

UPI is the way to go.  It also tells buyers they can't play fast and loose about hitting

that buy it now button and not paying  "cos I bought it somewhere else"

Not the seller's problem.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@gr7028-gle6dbe0 wrote:

I got an email for Unpaid item case. I already sent an email to eBay informing it that I cancelled my order as I ordered the same item on eBay from another seller situated not far from where I live. Despite my explanation, I received un unpaid item case. I add that the seller who is complaining hasn't send the item. Can you cancelle this case as I ordered my item elsewhere on eBay.
R.

You got an unpaid item case opened because you didn't pay. Easy. That's ebay 101.

The rule is if you hit the buy button, you are expected to pay, it is a commitment. Excuses don't wash. Of course no one can force you to, so there are consequences eg strikes issued for non paying bidders.

I hope you never make the winning bid for a house at auction then try to change your mind or you could be in trouble!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply