I think this is a great idea.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31042477....Want to gain entry to your office, get on a bus, or perhaps buy a sandwich? We're all getting used to swiping a card to do all these things. But at Epicenter, a new hi-tech office block in Sweden, they are trying a different approach - a chip under the skin.

Tommy Loves Everyone... Im a 75 year old nutcase..
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

The technology exists to place RFID chips under the skin to be used for a multitude of security applications. It has been done and it has been done quite a few years ago now.

Some people already carry virtual RFID's with them when they use smart cards which only need to be waved over an electronic registering machine (the range is rather short at present, only a few centimeters)

I don't get my mobile phone calling me to alert me of the "incredible bargains" to be had when I'm walking down the Mall past certain shops (cos I don't have a mobile phone)

and because I don't use a credit card to buy things, and/or also use that credit card to pay for the phone I don't have, I exist in a relatively un-marketed-to state. 🙂

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:

You could steal someones implanted chip with the aid of a scalpel.Now,how to dispose of the body.

I like the idea !!!

Body is easy to get rid of.

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

@iapetus_rocks wrote:

I don't even own a mobile phone and I make almost all of my purchases in cash.

There's no way I'd agree to have an RFID implanted under my skin for any reason whatsoever.

What is the world coming to? (rhetorical question, of course)

Mobile phones and tracking are one of the most invasive things in life.

I still use cash quite often, especially when I am in the bush because CC machines don't always work.

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

Yes, a person could steal someone else's RFID chip. . . .  however,

Their own implanted chip could place them in time and space relative to the crime. Think about it.

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

Take it out before hand ? LOL

Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

Exactly.We could remove them and swap them around.That'll keep those prying b**tards busy.
Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

Find some ebay seller or blogger who never really leaves the computer and / or the house

and implant it in them !!!

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

I have a mobile phone and am nit the victim of marketing, easy don't join any loyalty programs.
Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

Get an old phone without internet access !!!

One reason "old style" phones are making a come back.

(But you can still be tracked.)

Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

You can be tracked without any phone now. Due to increasing numbers of cameras and facial recognition programs.
Message 30 of 36
Latest reply