travel rorter at it again

Once again the PM, who by the way has already had to pay back $11000 in misclaimed travel rebate is off doing apparent legitimate political stuff so we can pay for him to do what he really wants
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

vicr - It;s not the fact that he has been to other places, its the fact that these places he visits are at the same time he has a private gathering/function etc to attend.

He hasn't been in the area he was in the last couple of days for 10 years.. coincidence he has a bike race at same time?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

see, being PM is voluntary, unpaid work so he possibly can not pay for the travel to his own fun-and-advertising-himself-events nor the accomodation.

poor thing he is, have some compassion will you?

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

Your expenses are irrelevant, not claimed back from taxpayers.

Want to bet. At least as a cost input into a business.

I have customers in nearly every city and town in Aus so not many places I travel I can't make a legit business call.

There are many people who do this. They travel to holiday destinations to have a good time, but they make sure they also make a little "business visit" so as to defray the cost of their holiday at the expense of the the tax-payers.

It may be legal, but it's sure as hell an immoral and unethical thing to do.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

What?

PRIME Minister Tony Abbott, who called into the Geelong Advertiser today, has confirmed he will start in the Cadel Evans Peopleโ€™s Ride.

You mean this? When he did a nanosecond of  official business on the way there?

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Suggest you get your facts right.

He has been to a number of places in the last few days.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Fact is he's a known travel rorter so any little BS visit he makes up to cover it isn't really legitimate
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

vicr - It;s not the fact that he has been to other places, its the fact that these places he visits are at the same time he has a private gathering/function etc to attend.

He hasn't been in the area he was in the last couple of days for 10 years.. coincidence he has a bike race at same time?

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Stop defending the indefensible aps, the man is a WOFTAM.
prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

am

Suggest you get your facts straight and stops taking artial quotes from the story.

No PM has been in Colac for 10 years, Abbott has been in the Geelong and surrounds plenty of times.

The RAAF Aircraft are for his use, paid for whether they fl or not.

If I go on business to Qld or NT, I make sure I do other things as well, including personal.
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Is it at the tax payers expense while you claim that there's no money to waste
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
Once again the PM, who by the way has already had to pay back $11000 in misclaimed travel rebate is off doing apparent legitimate political stuff so we can pay for him to do what he really wants

They all do it. Here's the King of T/A with his snout in the trough:

The Hon Paul Keating

Expenditure on Entitlements paid by the
Department of Finance
1 January to 30 June 2014

http://www.finance.gov.au/sites/default/files/P34_KEATING_Paul.pdf

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

While you're bringing up past PM's entitlements . Can you also post John Howard's as well so we can compare them?

They get too much imo
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply