travel rorter at it again

Once again the PM, who by the way has already had to pay back $11000 in misclaimed travel rebate is off doing apparent legitimate political stuff so we can pay for him to do what he really wants
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: travel rorter at it again

It's OK I found it myself, thanks  Smiley Happy

http://www.finance.gov.au/sites/default/files/P34_HOWARD_John.pdf

JONN HOWARD

EXPENDITURE ENTITLELMENTS

PAID BY THE DEPT. OF FINANCE

1 JANUARY to 30 JUNE 2014

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

4 Kudos for a post that is demonstrably wrong, would indicate a fair degree of  Myopia, and  a somewhat red viewing  filter.

Correct rating:   kudosR down.jpgkudosR down.jpgkudosR down.jpgkudosR down.jpg

A3: " He hasn't been in the area he was in the last couple of days for 10 years.. coincidence he has a bike race at same time?"

23 March 2012 .
Pollie Pedal 2012; Visit to Corangamite; Torquay by TONY ABBOTT MHR
23 March 2012 .

Aug. 20, 2013,
Mr Abbott pledged $25 million over five years during a visit to Anglesea, in the ultra-marginal Victorian seat of Corangamite, which Liberal candidate Sarah Henderson hopes to win.

16 Dec 2013
PRIME Minister Tony Abbott has stopped in Anglesea this morning to announce the next stage of upgrade works on the Great Ocean Road.

The PM, celebrating his 100th day in office, made an early-morning announcement near the Anglesea tourist information centre before heading to Torquay, where he is officially opening the $115 million RACV golf club resort.

The problem with making unresearched (and incorrect) statements,  is that subsequent posts will be viewed in the same light :-  as codswallop.  kudos blue up.jpgkudos blue up.jpgkudos blue up.jpgkudos blue up.jpg 

nɥºɾ

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

and this is an interesting article though it's dated 2010, it looks as if John Howard is the biggest spender, followed by Malcom Fraser

according to the article, Keating is the most frugal Smiley Surprised

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/former-prime-ministers-costing-us-millions/story-e6frfmd9-12259...

Mr Keating's office is the most frugal as he keeps staffing costs low by engaging people on a part-time and ad hoc basis.

Each former PM is entitled to at least two staff, including a senior private secretary, and the annual wages bill of each is nearly $300,000.

Mr Keating saves about $70,000 a year by using staff as he needs them instead of full time appointees.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

If I want to post an 'artial' quote I will. Can't have it both ways - complain about full articles posted and short ones!

Abbott's main event in areas he goes to is personal and takes up most of his timE.. Official business second to that so he can claim expenses (taxpayers money).

Your expenses are irrelevant, not claimed back from taxpayers.
Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

vicr - It;s not the fact that he has been to other places, its the fact that these places he visits are at the same time he has a private gathering/function etc to attend.

He hasn't been in the area he was in the last couple of days for 10 years.

I see the accuracy of posts (sans research) continues  to be irrelevant.   Apart from the fact that the 10 year comment being absolutely wrong (deliberately?),   does it not impose upon your instructions to confine debate to modern history, or more accurately within the the pink Myops comfort zone?.  This zone most definitely  being outside of the days of the Circus with its Poor Me and Rudd knife act.

What exactly A3  was the "private" gathering Abbott attended, in between his public appearances in the area,  for the first time in 10 years ?, or is that as accurate as the "10 years"?

Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Your expenses are irrelevant, not claimed back from taxpayers.

Want to bet. At least as a cost input into a business.

I have customers in nearly every city and town in Aus so not many places I travel I can't make a legit business call.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Your expenses in relation to an MP/PM's expenses which can be claimed and paid for by the taxpyers. Public money.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

see, being PM is voluntary, unpaid work so he possibly can not pay for the travel to his own fun-and-advertising-himself-events nor the accomodation.

poor thing he is, have some compassion will you?

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply