Ideas for an 18th birthday present

Hi,

We need to buy an 18th birthday present.  What kinds of presents are given nowadays to girls turning 18?  The recipient is a friend of one of my kids, but not an extremely close friend.

Looking forward to your shedding some light on this.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Do you have a budget?
The things I got for my 18th were jewelry, wallets, cosmetics and plush toys.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Try posting your question in the Community Spirit forum...that is the best place for this type of question as it is not really an ebay problem.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

why not ask your kid

if it is her/ his friend surely they'd know what the birthday person wants / likes / needs  ???

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I wouldn't even want to guess what an 18 year wants these days.

Okay, I can guess, as this demographic seems to be into instant gratification, but I wouldn't publish my guesses here.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I've got 2 teen girls around that age and they love Anything... Dr Who, Anima/manga, driving the car (so anything for their car if they have one), jewellery, makeup, music (i-tunes card or something like that). My two have grand ideas of travel, so anything to do with travel.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Lyndal1838,

This is the Community Spirit forum. Did she post it on another one as well?

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

When my daughter turned 18yrs, I gave her money towards rego of her car and a few things she wanted for her car and as something to keep for herself, I gave her a gold bracelet.

Depends alot on what the girl likes, my daughter had just bought the car (second hand) and that at the time was her main interest.

The bracelet was a keepsake for turning 18yrs.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

esseco, it was obviously posted on another board, possibly the buying board as its about buying a gift..just a guess

in regards to what the girl wants? Ask her

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

If money is no object, a nice red Ferrari would be great

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply