Is anyone here into Smashbooking or Photo Journalling ?

I have just started to get into Smashbooking. It is kind of like scrapbooking but less structured. It is more like scrapbooking on the run. You have a journal already set up and just add photos, ticket stubs, memory pieces and embellisments as you go. I truly regret selling all my craft stuff years ago...well at least the kids got a nice couple of Christmases out of it.

The other great thing about it is that it is so much cheaper to buy craft supplies and cardstock than it was 10 years ago. When I was last doing it Bree hadn't started school and she is now in her second year of highschool. Chloe was still into Bratz and is now going to be starting a Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Psychology in March.

♥Trish♥
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is anyone here into Smashbooking or Photo Journalling ?

*Waves to Trish* xx

waving3.gif

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

"In my younger days"........... I had a diary, scrap book, sketch book, photo album, autograph book.  They each had their own role.  

Now it is rolled into one.  We did not have to buy scrap stuff.  We lived amongst it!  

My scrap book included the swatch of fabric, lace, ribbon or buttons that Mum used when making our birthday dress.  The actual birthday cards,  and piece of ripped giftwrap (because it was often reused)  or newspaper clippings of local happenings i.e. sports photos, social page. Even the boyfriend's discarded shoe lace.  We either drew or cut out letters from the newspaper to make headings.  

Wet rainy days or school holidays was the time to bring all your bits and pieces from your scrap box together into some semblance of order.

DEB

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I prefer to do scrapbooking, I have two grankids and have a book each for them, plus other books I am working on.

When my grandson finishes primary school, I may just do a smash book for him.

I have so much scrap stuff that I could open a huge shop, so for now will contiue with s/booking.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@lloydslights wrote:

"In my younger days"........... I had a diary, scrap book, sketch book, photo album, autograph book.  They each had their own role.  

Now it is rolled into one.  We did not have to buy scrap stuff.  We lived amongst it!  

My scrap book included the swatch of fabric, lace, ribbon or buttons that Mum used when making our birthday dress.  The actual birthday cards,  and piece of ripped giftwrap (because it was often reused)  or newspaper clippings of local happenings i.e. sports photos, social page. Even the boyfriend's discarded shoe lace.  We either drew or cut out letters from the newspaper to make headings.  

Wet rainy days or school holidays was the time to bring all your bits and pieces from your scrap box together into some semblance of order.

DEB

This is very similar. You can also by pre-embellished journals and add details and pics and bits as you go. If you Google "Smash*" including the * you will see tonnes of examples.<br><br>I am really enjoying the less structured scrapping. And it is also kind of like diarising too. It isn't just about glamorising the smallest little thing like scrapping can tend to be.

♥Trish♥
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@tasfleur wrote:

*Waves to Trish* xx

waving3.gif

Hi Lovely ! I have had several compliments this past couple of weeks of a lovely wall hanging quilt that I was given a few years ago. It is still as beautiful and cherished as the day I received it ♥

♥Trish♥
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@purple_haize wrote:

I prefer to do scrapbooking, I have two grankids and have a book each for them, plus other books I am working on.

When my grandson finishes primary school, I may just do a smash book for him.

I have so much scrap stuff that I could open a huge shop, so for now will contiue with s/booking.

I used to enjoy scrapbooking but I always felt it was alot of work and love to go into a page that would sit in a book. I love the idea of framing the pages or shadow-boxing them nowadays.

I had thousands of dollars worth of stuff but sold it in the final years of my first marriage in order for the kids to be able to have Christmas after the money disappeared from the bank account. I am just now restocking. Hubby is buying me a Cricut Machine and Cartridges in a couple of weeks and then the next buy will be a Cuttlebug. I love both machines. One of my besties from Church has easily $40k worth of scrapping / craft machinery and supplies. We have a craft day at her house every week and I still cannot fathom the amount of gear she has. I want to move in with her lol.

♥Trish♥
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply