Is showing Cleavage disrespectful?

54 REPLIES 54

Years ago (70s or 80s)  a Romper Room host was sacked from her job for wearing a mini kirt in public...Not on the job, she was out with her family 

would the same thing be OK now ?

Message 41 of 55
Latest reply

Yes I want to see a pic too, I've not seen her showing her mammary glands.

I do think there is a time  and a place for flashing the glands.

Message 42 of 55
Latest reply

..this amazes me...it wasn't unusual to see people walking around at the beach topless back in the '70's and for that matter, at any concert...lol..either that or bikini tops were the go.....so precious these days...

Message 43 of 55
Latest reply

wareubin
Community Member

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

Message 45 of 55
Latest reply

agree Katy 

re the D cup...I think some joke and mock and call them small breasts 

Message 46 of 55
Latest reply

nero_bolt
Community Member

Grace Collier becomes a “right-winger” for criticising Gillard’s cleavage

Now the ABC is tying itself into knots with this I’m-more-outraged-about-sexism-than-you game which has already taken a Fairfax scalp:

THE ABC has defended the broadcast of allegations that Prime Minister Julia Gillard was disrespectin...

Fairfax columnist and industrial relations consultant Grace Collier told a panel discussion on ABC Radio National on Sunday that it was wrong to show so much flesh during parliamentary sittings as it was an issue of workplace conduct…

“I don’t think it’s appropriate for a Prime Minister to be showing her cleavage in Parliament,” the Australian Financial Review columnist said during the Outsiders panel segment.

“It’s not something I want to see. In my opinion as an industrial relations consultant, it is inappropriate to be in Parliament, it is disrespectful to yourself and to the Australian community and to the parliament to present yourself in a manner that is unprofessional...”

Her comments were immediately howled down by the other people on the show, saying she was a right-winger, a claim Ms Collier denied.

What fun. Love the way Collier, a former union official, is immediately accused of being a right-winger instead, as if no one of the Left has ever criticised the dress sense of the Prime Minister.

In this case, however, I think Collier is simply wrong - on the evidence.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/andrewbolt/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/grace_collier_becomes_a_right_winger_for_criticising_gillards_cleavage/

Message 47 of 55
Latest reply

Well I saw the pics and pfftt, she doesn't do it at work so who cares.

Message 48 of 55
Latest reply

Well I saw the pics and pfftt, she doesn't do it at work so who cares.

So you didn't see the photo shopped one?

In it she has massive boobs.

Message 49 of 55
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

It can be.

Iran's semi-official Fars news agency Photoshopped pictures of Michelle Obama at the Oscars to conform to Iranian restrictions on images of the female body in the media.

Message 50 of 55
Latest reply