It is so quiet here...

mloreason
Community Member
I can't believe how quiet it is here. I remember years ago we predicted that the board would one day have so few members left that it would end up like this. At the time it seemed almost ridiculous.

Anyway, hello to anyone who remembers the good old days. I hope some of you are still around.
Message 1 of 712
Latest reply
711 REPLIES 711

Re: It is so quiet here...

@mloreason wrote:
Thanks Joe. I will visit you sometime. I can't leave here just yet I'm waiting for people....

I think a lot of people have just lost interest in this board, maybe frustrated by the constant reporting and subsequent (and often unjustified suspension) or they've drifted off to facebook ot twitter or somewhere.

Some have died. Torino among them, I have heard.

it's no longer possible to hold "frank and vigorous" debate here as the threads get pulled and people get banned. and it's not allowed to even start a thread about some recent news stories if they are of a controversial or confrontative nature.

and there's no HTML anymore since the board changed to the American ebay style boards.

The quality of the arguments here is dismal with many posters re-hashing the same old themes, not learning, unwilling to understand but still willing to "debate" using irrelevant "McArguments"

You say you read the Pauline Hanson thread? you might see what I mean and it's so frustrating that, as I don't have a cat or a thermomix or slow cooker and I don't like krispy kremes, and  there's a real risk of being banned for life for minimal offense, I have nothing I can talk about and almost no one to talk to here. I often look in, just in case there is something of interest and that's how I saw your return thread.

Message 61 of 712
Latest reply

I assume there was a time when you found the topics and arguments interesting. I have twitter and FB but they lack something that this forum has. I too enjoyed many of the discussions I had here in the past. Just as I enjoyed the joking around with people who had a similar sense of humour to my own. Twitter and FB have a certain appeal but they still can't take the place of this forum. Or rather of what this forum once was. I don't know why but I have a feeling many people feel the same way. That's why I believe that noone really leaves this place for good. So I'll hang around for a bit and see what happens. Goodnight.

Message 62 of 712
Latest reply

Well, I did have a lot of fun here. but it has changed and you know what they say; "you can never go home".

Message 63 of 712
Latest reply

Joe I had a look over there, could not stop Laughing at some of the posts by certain People.

I bit like old times 🙂

Message 64 of 712
Latest reply

@johcaschro wrote:

Some have died. Torino among them, I have heard.

Thanks for mentioning this johcaschro.

Message 65 of 712
Latest reply

I miss the fun we had here, especially on a Friday night. There were many funny, clever and witty people posting on the boards in the "old days".  Elly was so bitingly funny. Does anyone remember her dancing video's? Mlor, rosie, freddie, Madge (of the pineapple), and many I've forgotten but would remember in a heartbeat if someone mentions their name. And that trigger happy button pusher, middle aged woman, she was always so righteous. Name escapes me. Don't miss her much.

I agree MLOR, FB and twitter don't have the same possibility for the kind of fun we had here. It was also really helpful too! I learned how to change a tap washer on here. 🙂

Message 66 of 712
Latest reply

mloreason
Community Member
Hi cat. I'm like you because I can remember only a small number of the ids. I think people probably look in from time to time but there is nothing to see so they go away again...until the next time. All the old posters know the way here because they know to look for community spirit. How anyone else would find this forum I don't know. Where is polka? She was always here. And I'm glad you get what I mean about twitter and facebook. 😊
Message 67 of 712
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

Joe I had a look over there, could not stop Laughing at some of the posts by certain People.

I bit like old times 🙂

join in if ya want to, and bring ya mates Smiley LOL

{oh hang on you got some there, well..bring some more then!

Signatures suck.
Message 68 of 712
Latest reply

Do you think some of the people from the old forum may have lost their spark over the years that have passed? We are all that much older now! And the environment here doesn't really get the revs up.

Message 69 of 712
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2016 wrote:

Do you think some of the people from the old forum may have lost their spark over the years that have passed? We are all that much older now! And the environment here doesn't really get the revs up.

Yeah get what you're sayin' there, NFS.

Just looked at my joining date today.

Joined in 2006! Ten Years!

May have lost a bit of my spark...lol

Message 70 of 712
Latest reply