It is so quiet here...

mloreason
Community Member
I can't believe how quiet it is here. I remember years ago we predicted that the board would one day have so few members left that it would end up like this. At the time it seemed almost ridiculous.

Anyway, hello to anyone who remembers the good old days. I hope some of you are still around.
Message 1 of 712
Latest reply
711 REPLIES 711

It is so quiet here...

@not_for_sale2016 wrote:

Has anyone ever done a CW roll call, and kept it rolling over for some time to see who checks in? Given that people pop in and out, I'd at least like to find out who is still breathing.

You haven't even put your name on the one that's already going.

Message 651 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

Just a touch under 362 days to Christmas.

http://www.xmasclock.com/

๐Ÿ˜›

Message 652 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

ECAR!!!!

Message 653 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

@mloreason wrote:
Do you mean like kopenhagan's thread?

Yes basically. The CW roll call was necessary because ebali was too alluring, albeit overcrowded some weeks. Without the regular roll calls, it was difficult to keep track of the holiday makers. It also provided for people to check back in, catch up and have a good ol 'chin wag'. The CW roll call served a purpose, and was part the culture.

Message 654 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

It is so quiet here...

Where's MLOR I hope she didn't fall over some of her dogs

christmas presents and do herself an injury Woman Embarassed

Message 656 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

Actually, ignore my post mlor. I made the mistake of hovering over a couple of other chat sites over Christmas to see what good will and Christmas cheer was being exchanged there. Instead I found unrelenting hatred. It made me feel nostalgic about CW, where the pathology wasn't so personal and disturbing IMO. Ignore my post - wrong suggestion, wrong place, wrong time. Smiley Happy

Message 657 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

mloreason
Community Member
lol maybe we do need moderation to control us notforsale. There is kind of a bubble of protection over you here, for want of putting it another way. On one hand, people don't get to abuse you. On the other hand you don't get to tell them what you really think. Somewhere in the middle of those two is the sweet spot. An example of that might be the old CW board where you could tell people what you thought of them as long as you didn't swear. lol
Message 658 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

mloreason
Community Member
ecar are you volunteering to keep the Xmas 2017 countdown going?
Message 659 of 712
Latest reply

It is so quiet here...

No, I don't know if I could find the time.

I haven't finished making last year's Christmas presents, yet, ha ha.

Spoiler
Thankfully, the person for whom they were intended is blissfully ignorant of my grand, but poorly thought out plan, and so, wasn't expecting anything.
Phew! Off the hook for another year, ha ha.

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 660 of 712
Latest reply