It seems aspartame is made from CARP

This scientific jargon obfuscates (perhaps deliberately) a truly disturbing process:

1.) 'Cloned microorganisms' (which the patent later reveals to be genetically modified E. coli) are cultivated in tanks whose environments are tailored to help them thrive.

2.) The well-fed E. coli cultures defecate the proteins that contain the aspartic acid-phenylalanine amino acid segment needed to make aspartame.

http://www.naturalnews.com/041766_aspartame_GM_bacteria_patent.html

Message 1 of 62
Latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Aspartame is a chemical, a fine white powder, like many other fine white powdered drugs.

It should be illegal! It is NOT a weight reducer and it IS a health hazard

Message 2 of 62
Latest reply

I would'nt have anything with artificial sweetener. I'd rather just go without sweets or sweetener.

Message 3 of 62
Latest reply

I'm the same, I dont have any low fat food if I can help it.
Message 4 of 62
Latest reply

Me too. I don't touch any fake foods, knowingly.
Message 5 of 62
Latest reply

TH this topic also has been debated here a few times here in a similar fashion to vaccinations, fluoride etc. and also with the same amount of  myth, hoax, conspiracy,  non scientific knowledge in the mix.

However TH,  you are well in that mix above with the  much used comment s :

"...which the patent later reveals to be genetically modified E. coli...". and 

"The well-fed E. coli cultures defecate the proteins that contain the aspartic acid..."

You describe the above thus " This scientific jargon obfuscates (perhaps deliberately) a truly disturbing process:"

The jargon that is  mentioned, with some additions by the anti mob, to "disturb" the  absolute  layman (person) is the same process used to produce Genetically Engineered E. Coli  for Human Insulin

TH,  when you next have an alcoholic drink consider the fermentation process involved in producing alcohol, then put it in some equally "disturbing terms"

Blue cheeses also have "disturbing" histories.

nɥºɾ

Message 6 of 62
Latest reply

AFD: "It should be illegal! It is NOT a weight reducer and it IS a health hazard"

What absolute uninformed nonsense.

nɥºɾ

Message 7 of 62
Latest reply

actually it is not nonsense at all.  my sister did a nutrition course and was told that aspartame was extremely bad for you. it also increases your appetitie.  there are other natural sweeteners available which are not so dangerous.  i won't eat margarine because of the chemicals also.  i try to eat as little chemcially enhanced food as possible.

Such is life.
Message 8 of 62
Latest reply

@annies_fancy_dress wrote:

Re: It seems aspartame is made from CARP

in reply to the_hawk*

on ‎08-26-2013 03:53 PM

Aspartame is a chemical, a fine white powder, like many other fine white powdered drugs.

It should be illegal! It is NOT a weight reducer and it IS a health hazard

Well, you've heard the saying "Only fat people drink diet coke". Well, this is why!

@icyfroth wrote:

I would'nt have anything with artificial sweetener. I'd rather just go without sweets or sweetener.

Yes, exactly incyfroth! I'm now looking at the fine print on packaged food items, not only for the sinister canola but also the insidious artificial sweetener that has crept in.

Message 9 of 62
Latest reply

C'mon. This thread was started over 7 years ago and you're bumping it to reply to a post from over 7 years ago.

You must have had to dig to find this gem. Couldn't you remember to reply to it over 7 years ago?

Message 10 of 62
Latest reply