It was 2 this morning Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

soulart2
Community Member

It would have been colder here....it isn't normal I tell ya !!!

I'm used to getting up, opening the doors/windows etc not shivering and wearing 3 layers of jumpers lol.

Another cold one in the morning it looks like.Can't complain about the days though, 21/22 and beautiful blue skies...it's just very hard to get going first up.  The one piddly little fan heater we have can't cope and I think fatcatruby is happy she has some umm, outer layers.

OH is away and he's been sweating his butt off as it's the wet season where he is atm and thinks it's funny I'm freezing to death !!!

Must be absolutely icy down south ? I really feel for you southerners.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I think this is very unacceptable weather for Queensland!! I have used the heating every morning and evening now for 2 weeks, never happened before!

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

wow that is cold Soul

here in Melb we didn't get quite that low, about 7 I think, but our temp. doesn't rise in the day like yours does,, we only manage low double digits every day.

you're very lucky to have 21ish days, it will be another couple of months before we see that here.  I.m not a fan of winter, would much rather be outfdoors doing stuff than staying indoors. I usually put on about 3kg over winter from eating chocolate and lose it in summer.

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

I know az !!!!

It feels like the winters in Perth and I'm thankful I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to go to work like I did in Perth. Okay maybe not dawn but close enough lol

Once the cold gets into your bones it's hard to warm up isn't it?  Ruby hasn't even come downstairs for her breaky yet, got off the bed and straight out to the deck in the sun.

How do homeless people cope? There's been an ad that shows a charity (Ithink) giving people swags, would help but how miserable and cold must they feel?

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Sorry Deb, missed your post...and yes, think you feel like eating more hearty foods when it's cold.  The days are like yours, in Perth, takes forever to reach the high and only lasts an hour or so before it starts cooling down again.

Your home would have heating though, mine is set up for summer weather lol

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

Cold here this morning on NSW Central Coast.  Only about 5 km from the beach, and had a frostSmiley Frustrated

Beginning to warm up from behind the glass now.

DEB

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

that's OK Soul. lol

If I were you , with no heating I would try to stay in bed till it warms up.

there are lots of homeless people in Melbourne, I  don't know how they survive winter here, poor things, I couldn't do it

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

We have had warmer weather this winter than normal ( wider Sydney area). Last Thursday evening and night was pretty chilly, gale force winds as well, again. Most days are calm, sunny and warm though.
Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

From memory, I think last winter was warmer than this winter in Melbourne.

Freezing cold up in The Dandenongs where I am, even with the sun shining, the wind is freezing, 6 deg, out on our back deck at the moment.

I am staying indoors today where it is warm.

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

look Soul, I just came across this article, you should send that to your hubby  Smiley LOL

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-12/brisbane-records-coldest-morning-103-years/5591890

Val, every winter feels colder to me than the last, lol

cosy and warm indoors is good if you can

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply