Ive had my LAST flu vax

Never again will I have a flu vaccine.  If I end up getting the flu sometime in the future my tough luck.  Had this years Quadri something whatever Tues 11th and my arm is still really really aching like almost to the bone.  3 to 4 hours after I had it I could hardly lift my arm for the pain.  The pain slowly subsided after about 4 days but just when I think its finally going I have another bad day with it.  Anyone else had this?  Ive never had it before with any flu vax. Interestingly the needle was inserted very high on the arm only about 3 cms below the shoulder.  Never had a vax that high up before.   Granted the pain will go in its own sweet time but can someone who has experienced this too give me an idea of some timeframe I'm looking at ?

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Ive had my LAST flu vax

I had my flu shot over a month ago and I didn't have a sore arm even for a day.

I could mildly feel where I had had the injection that day but that is all.

I used to have the flu shot every year and only one eyar can i recall that it felt a bit hot and sore a day or so later.

I'm wondering if it is the fault of whoever gave you the injection or the injection site, rather than the injection itself. If it does continue hurting, maybe see the doctor and complain.

I had my flu shot at a chemists.

Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

I had my flu shot last week and my arm is still sore(aching at times)don`t remember ever having this much of a reaction before.I will live tho!!Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

Yes Springy I had my shot at a chemist too and I think as well the pain is to do with the spot I was jabbed in. Will definitely see the doc shortly if this keeps up.
Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

Thanks for your input Nicnacs . Seems its not uncommon to have pain a week later, That makes me feel a bit better. I was googling the other night and came across SIRVA. Have a look at that. Truly frightening
Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

look, its a free country, no one forces you to have any vaxination.

yes you should go see a doctor if your concerned.

also be careful with reading things on the internet about anything medical as for every genuine site with real information there are hundreds of idiots pretending to be experts.

i stick to australian govt sites if i cant get to a doctor quickly.

you may have heard the problems our country is having with people reading stupid things on the internet then not vaxinating their babys and children for anything. i dont care if some nitwits kid gets sick because they are too dumb to vax their kids, but i do care when their stupidity affects others kids. mainly babys too young to be vaxinated.

who knows, maybe when you had your needle a little germ got in there and is causing your pain. whenever you stick a needle in your body there is allways a chance for an infection. they allways warn you if you have an adverse reaction come back and see us....well they do at the medical centre i go to.

Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

Yes I know David one has to be careful as its easy to read too much into Dr Google and every person experiences pain in their own way. Certainly I was not advocating people forego vaccinating their kids etc and Im sure you knew that. My post I think is pretty much specific to prolonged pain after a fluvax for whatever reason.
Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

I am immuno-suppressed, as a result of my heart transplant, and I haven't had a flu shot in 27 years.......the two times I followed doctor's orders, I ended up with major rejection problems........

Message 17 of 44
Latest reply

@this-one-time-at-bandcamp wrote:

I am immuno-suppressed, as a result of my heart transplant, and I haven't had a flu shot in 27 years.......the two times I followed doctor's orders, I ended up with major rejection problems........

wow if you don`t mind me asking but how long since you have had your heart transplant?am interested as my late husband received a kidney and pancreas transplant.tia

Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

I don't think it is meant to cause intense pain a week later. To me that signals that there is a problem. Maybe an infection of some kind at the site. That should not happen, they should sterilise that patch of skin before the injection.Or at least, they wiped that part of my arm beforehand.

Definitely let the doctor know where you had it done & maybe go into the chemist's and tell them too. Show them, if it is still red.

Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

Also I have heard that often the jab is put into a muscle which is wrong but easy to do, and would cause severe pain.  So it sounds to me that the cause could be with the person who did the injection.  I've always had the vax each year and there's never even been tenderness. 

Message 20 of 44
Latest reply