Labor still on the nose in NZ

The NZ polling looks like after 2  terms Labor will be in the wilderness for another  term. Thats a very long time to  be out of power.

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

NZ election has nothing to with our government, nobody said it did, so your  failure to understsnd is obvious.

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

NZ election has nothing to with our government, nobody said it did

But posting about it helps to keep that warm glow  in one's heart, doesn't it?Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

I thought this thread was about Nz Government and Labour losing ???

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

I thought this thread was about Nz Government and Labour losing ???

NZ Labor suffered a massive loss and the sitting PM added to his tally and can rule in their own right.

This is news because NZ have been struggling to come out of the recession, they didn't spend like  a Rudd but slow and steady course has seen the country recover.

Labor on the other hand completely left the reservation with wild and ridiculous promises to try to get in, t the people were sensible enough not to fall for the rhetoric.

Well Done NZ.

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

Problem is in NZ you have to pay for every thing, visit to the doctors $37, even for children.

National says they will bring in Children up to 13 free at the doctors.

The problem is people dont go to the doctors because they cant afford it, end up in hospital and cost the country thousands more.

They are trying ti stop people going to Accident and Emergency, but if you have a sick child or are sick your self and cant pay Doctors that is what you have to do.

Poor Pensioners have to pay $37 as well, you have to pay for a Vit D test, that you cant afford on the pension.

Older people are better off in Australia

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

This is news because NZ have been struggling to come out of the recession

The New Zealand economy is booming - due to the dairy industry - exports to China ( plus the rebuild in Christchurch). Whether it is National or Labour in power, the economy would still be in a boom.

You do realise lionrose lives in New Zealand don't you? 

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

Not disputing elderly people are better of in Aust than NZ, lion.

My Mum (elderly) had a health care card. I don't think she paid $37 to go to the Dr. Her prescriptions hardly cost anything.

She also got funding when she lived in her own home from the Govt for a caregiver to enable to stay in her own home longer. They came three times a day, everyday of the week. 

Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

LD - NZ election has nothing to with our government, nobody said it did.

Nothing to do with Australia Govt's present or past either.

LD - This is news because NZ have been struggling to come out of the recession, they didn't spend like  a Rudd but slow and steady course has seen the country recover.

What relevance does Rudd have with NZ's economy?

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

Prescriptions are $5 each, even on a health care card like my sister she still pays $37 dollars.

There are some cheaper Doctors in some areas but not mine 😞

The thing I have noticed since I have been back is the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer.

Business is booming, house prices are going up so far that in main centres people cant afford to buy any more.

So many people shifting down my way from Auckland and Christchurch they have to extend my local Mall.

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

The dairy farms are taking over where I used to live (Sth Canterbury). Very dry land there so they have to irrigate a lot, which won't be good for the environment in the long term.

More work for people though and area doing much better economically than it used to. House prices have risen significantly there also.

It has always been a desirable place to live, where you are. 

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply