Man jailed for attempted kidnapping

Man jailed for attempted kidnapping of child from father's arms outside Melbourne library

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-22/michael-rawson-court-attempted-kidnap-child-from-fathers-arms...

well done coppers, release a man off his head on drugs into the community!

this could have ended so badly!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

OMg have scary for the father and child, worst nightmare

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised  ... That has left me speechless.  To try to grab a child tells me that the drug addict is also most likely a paedophile.  I would like him to have been locked up for much much longer.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

He apparently thought the child was his. Hardly paedophilia.

Pays to check the facts.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

There are no obvious 'facts' available in terms of what was/is in the nature of the male who tried to take the child.

From where I stand, he is a danger to children and that is an opinion I will stay with for now .. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Annother drug crazed menace with possiblle mental issues. Anyway, these ice dealers have a lot to answer for. I'm against the death penalty but I believe Singapore style punishment should be brought in. I can't remember if it was Singapore or another country where in addition to custodial sentencing, corporal punishment was admiinistered at intervals.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Whichever way you look at it, that man is a danger to society.

I'm a bit over people who try to use drug taking as an excuse for their actions.

He says he thought it was his child and he only wanted to give it a hug but I have my doubts he would even clearly remember everything or even why he was violently trying to take the child. 

He had only been released on bail that very day. Personally, I wouldn't have any trouble with the idea he had to serve every day of his 4 year sentence & it's a shame he probably won't.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Totally agree with you Springyzone.  He is indeed a danger to society as a whole as well.  

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

OMG, that video is scary.   That poor kid.  I hope he doesn't suffer from the experience.

What's even more scary is the fact that it is my local cop shop.

I know police get moved around, but a lot stay at the same station for years, and that's a worry.

Anyone remember this one? -

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-24/police-officers-guilty-unlawful-assault-on-disability-pension...

Are the same numnuts still working there?   

I hope dad sues.   This idiot can be back on the streets in 17 months

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

General question ...

when a felon is released on bail from a cop shop who makes that decision, does anyone know?  Is it the police or is a judge involved?

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply