Melbourne get togethers

To those lovely Melbourne Ebayites who used to attend our Melbourne get togethers some sad news..the local cafe "Georges"has now closed..apparently a very serious fallout between Damien and his partner has resulted in the closure..a chance meeting with a former employee gave me the sad news..15 years or so he ran it....perhaps as we haven`t had a meetup for awhile that last one most likely would have been the end anywaySmiley Sad

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Melbourne get togethers

@icyfroth wrote:

Yes I'd be in it!

Perhaps it would be a good idea to begin another thread - Sydney Get Together.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

of couse

@domino-710 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Yes I'd be in it!

Of course. 

Ne'er the 'twain shall meet.

lol.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

@icyfroth wrote:

of couse

@domino-710 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Yes I'd be in it!

Of course. 

lol.

Quite the contrary - people from NSW would not necessiarly look at a Melbourne thingy.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

@icyfroth wrote:

of couse

@domino-710 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Yes I'd be in it!

Of course. 

lol.

Just wanted to mention - not sure if it was the last meeting in Melbourne - or there has been one since.

I drove from the South Coast of NSW - to Georges - simply to meet & have a nice lunch.

Doesn't everyone.

I got both - so the twain did meet - a ' table ' of lovely people - all with a story.

It was interesting to meet those that one had only communicated with online - and - not a mass murderer to be found.

Though still familiar with Sydney - mainly the Eastern Subs - I left 30 years ago - all the one way streets are now going the opposite way.

It only is a matter of beginning a thread - see what interest is for a Sydney meet - choose a venue handy for all - then get your outfit ready. LOL.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

I agree with domino here.....I am in Sydney and have not been reading this thread because there is no way I could ever get to Melbourne for a get together.

But now that I know there is a possibility of a Sydney meeting I will keep my eyes open.....depending on where and when I would be interested.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I agree with domino here.....I am in Sydney and have not been reading this thread because there is no way I could ever get to Melbourne for a get together.

But now that I know there is a possibility of a Sydney meeting I will keep my eyes open.....depending on where and when I would be interested.

OK - so we begin a thread.

See what eventuates.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply