Melbourne people please

I'm due to visit Melbourne next week together with my sister and our elderly mother. We are staying in the CBD (near QVM) and hoping to use the free tram network to get around in the city.
How much effect do you think the current industrial action might have on our movements, and what alternatives, if required, are there?
We are only there for 3 nights and don't plan to venture beyond the CBD.

PS Walking is not really an alternative for mum.
Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Melbourne people please

Lurker--you could fit a round of golf in--Mum could caddy--or drive the cart-just thinking.....Richo.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

I shouldn't have mentioned the brolly. It's started raining.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

You might consider the free shuttle service to Chadstone shopping Mall 

Chadstone Shopping Centre is a super regional shopping centre located in the eastern suburb of Malvern East, Victoria in the city of Melbourne, Australia and is the biggest shopping centre in Australia.

If the weather is yuk,  it is the place to shop/ wander round in comfort.

chadstone-timetable-2.jpg

Departs from Federation Square, about  25 mins,  and you can book a seat online.

You can access motorised wheelchairs within the complex.

siggy dogs cats smaller.jpg

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

I shouldn't have mentioned the brolly. It's started raining.

Yes,    And it's bucketing down here.

Baaad Amber!

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

yeah, here too- thanks Amber..grrr lol

lurker, theres a new shopping mall place with one of THE best food courts in Aus- seriously!

The Emporium, in the old Myer building..between Lonsdale and Little Bourke Sts (behind Myer and David Jones)

You can catch the free tram(or bus) from the Elizabeth St corner near QV Market..

Nice coffee and tea places as well...no need to travel far, if youre not feeling like it.

Oh, and yep, you may need a coat or a brolly..as stawka said, its bucketing..yikes

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

Lurker...........

Hope it stops before you get here

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

Well

at least everything will be lush and green for the visit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

youcan - mainly shopping and eating ๐Ÿ™‚ and catching up my son and my cousin.
Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

Ricoh - no golfing I'm afraid. Mum used to play but not anymore ๐Ÿ˜ž We've enjoyed a few rounds together in years past
Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Melbourne people please

monman - no, we won't be going that far out of the city. I think we should find plenty to occupy us there for a few days.
Message 20 of 29
Latest reply