Mobiles and facebook

I finally relented and bought a mobile, have set it all up and did not even touch the Facebook link.
Haven't been on fb for ages and no longer have an account.

For the last few days I have been getting text messages from Facebook asking if I know these people, my friends commented on stuff and one even called me by a name that is not mine!

What on earth is the go with that?!
Why is my number being spammed...it is new and the only web page I have visited is this one!
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Mobiles and facebook

kabarine
Community Member

Sorry, cant help you, I am one of the rare ones who still doesn't have/doesn't want a mobile ph

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

I have no idea, maybe connected with your phone number?

I was startled yesterday to discover that my pm's from facebook show up on my phone as easily as text messages do.

Not only that but my ebay messages do as well!

Facebook accounts aren't actually deleted when you close them.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

I discovered facebook messages on my phone today.

Maybe there is a glitch, because it has not happened before

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

Did you deactivate your FB account LT?

If so, very odd you are getting those nuisance msgs. Esoecially to a new phone number never used on FB.

I have a FB ac that I don't use. I got sick of those people you might know msgs. I got a new email address for FB only, so they can't connect it to anyone else I know through the old email addy.
I was also able to de-select receiving those annoying msgs.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

Yep am, ages ago....phone is only a week old and the number is new. So no connections to me on fb at all.

Hard to remember ids replying on iPad.....channys, so it's not only me...it must be some kinda scam. But still my phone is new and only connected with the net with this site.

K yeah I hate mobiles. But seeing as my daughter needed me straight away and I was on the road, showed me that I need it only so my f,amily can reach me if need be.

Az, yeah that is annoying that if I choose to leave a site they still keep all my info and photos.

I have blocked the number that fb(?) used o reach me on the phone. Hope I haven't opened some gateway by reading the text though ๐Ÿ˜•
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

It could be that the number you've been allocated used to belong to another who did use the number with a facebook account and now you're getting their junk mail.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

Really? Far out!

I didn't think mobile numbers did that. Not impressed if that's the case
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

@love*today wrote:
Really? Far out!

I didn't think mobile numbers did that. Not impressed if that's the case

Yep, my tablet has a sim and messages used to come to it for some previous owner of the number.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Mobiles and facebook

Not good......wonder if I can reply to her friends status,s?
Could be some fun to trip them all out ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply