Moving house?

SA police fine man for stacking furniture sky high in ute

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-12/moving-day-warning-after-man-caught-with-unsecure-load/8800420

Yes hes done the wrong thing. but a $409 Fine! to someone who most likely doesnt have any spare cash. maybe a warning?

where was he comming from? where was he going to? if it wasnt far (we are talking Burra not the middle of Adelaide here)

just seems a penalty that doesnt fit the crime to me.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Moving house?

go-tazz
Community Member

I've seen that sort of thing before,(I used to live in Terowie,a bit up the road from Burra).

Because it's the country they believe they don't have to dismantle stuff to move it,(if he had dismantled the bed

and kept it within the limits of the use there would've been no problem).

By putting that weight on the bed and then sitting it on a walker and then tying it down there would be a lot of

pressure on the bed frame boards,(if he went over a bump or through a pothole the up and down force would

most likely snap those boards or the walker).

It ends up all over the road and it can cause a few hassles,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Moving house?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think he deserved every bit of the $409 fine.   That load was an accident waiting to happen.

If the load had fallen off it could have killed a pedestrian, not to mention the damage to other vehicles.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Moving house?

when I saw the headline I thought, oh no, really?   But then when I saw the picture my  jaw dropped.  Pretty dangerous to other traffic I'd say.  At the same time I think he could have been warned and not fined that amount. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Moving house?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Related image  Image result for because men do it in one tri[p meme

Image result for because men do it in one tri[p meme  Image result for because men do it in one tri[p meme

He was an idiot.     Why was there a problem doing two trips?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Moving house?

Great photos stawka   Woman Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Moving house?

d576eb0671aa6bb60a99ebb80f94e149.jpg

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Moving house?

truck.jpg