NBN speeds

NBN speeds: Thinking about renegotiating your internet plan? Read this first

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-13/read-this-before-renegotiating-your-telstra-nbn-plan/9143078

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

NBN speeds

NBN revenue doubled in last year; bugs to be ironed out within months, Bill Morrow says

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-14/nbn-bugs-to-be-ironed-out-within-months-bill-morrow-says/91490...

Gotta love Bill Morrow, its not his fault! lol

so its the ISPs fault his NBN cant deliver the speeds they sell.

I'm surprised he isnt blaming the Labor party!

Just how long before this guy we have made a millionair ups stakes and rides into the sunset?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

NBN speeds

johcaschro
Community Member

NBN speed? How about zero? Zero download speed and zero upload speed.

Today is Wednesday . . . so, 8 days ago my ADSL internet and my landline telephone stopped working because now I have an NBN modem and something called an Arris box which connects to a fibre optic cable (originally a Foxtel cable) which runs outside my home, and so, my service provider turned off my old service, and no, they said they couldn't turn it back on again, now I was on the NBN.

And the problem is that this new whizz-bang internet hasn't worked since installation. I don't know whose fault this is; the NBN's or my service provider's. I only know that after waiting the stated 48 hrs in which I was assured that my problem would at least be addressed (no promise to fix it), I still haven't the internet service and phone service for which I have paid, and no further updates from my ISP.

So, I went out and bought a 5 gig credit on a dongle for my computer and a 30 day credit for my old "dumb" phone.

Now, this might even turn out to be a cheaper and more reliable option. I'll have to wait and see how long it takes me to chew through 5 gig.

If it lasts me a month or even more, then it's going to be a whole lot cheaper. Even if I have to cancel my contract with my ISP  and pay any penalty fees (although I am thinking that because they are in breach of their contract to supply a service then it is they and not me who have terminated the contract . . . any contract lawyers out there in chinwag land?)

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

NBN speeds

have you contacted the comunications ombudsmans office?

go to the website and fill out a complaint form and submit it

might not help cant hurt.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

NBN speeds

not happy with the nbn.  Im with Belong, speeds were better before when I was on broadband.  I pay $69 a month for unlimited downloads and I had to pay an extra $10 for a speed boost (that made no difference) I've since put it back to the $69....probably paying too much...

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply