Postage cancelled stamp - Australia Post

Hello, My daughter bought something off a Facebook group and it never arrived. The seller sent her a photo today of the pre-paid satchel that was apparently taken before it was posted.

If you Zoom in on the Barcode there is a "postage cancelled" stamp there. Is this a stamp that is put there by Australia Post?

It looks to me as if this parcel has been returned to seller. There is also no scanning on the Australia Post system for this tracking number.

Thank you for any insight you can provide. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I received a prepaid satchel today and it is exactly the same.

It is just showing that the tracking number sticker has been removed and applied to a parcel.

Nothing to worry about.

Have you tried the tracking number?   What does it say?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Progress for 60028096459092

Watch this item

Pending
No events yet
Looks like your item hasn't been scanned yet. Please try again later. More information on pending status What does this mean?

Have you allowed for the Christmas NY break?

It does look a bit like a re-used satchel though.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

The item was apparently posted on 17th December 2016. Australia Post say item should have arrived last week at latest.

First photo that was sent of the parcel on the 17th December 2016 was of a Brand New satchel (attached)

The photo attached in OP was a photo sent today 5th January 2017 to apparently prove it has been posted.

I have never noticed the "postage cancelled" stamp on a parcel when I pull the pink sticker off a new satchel. Is it something that is applied during processing through the sorting centres?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I am receiving economy mailed parcels from the UK faster than those mailed in Australia.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I could be very wrong but I am suspicious about this.

The first photo you showed us-I had a close up look and the name/address section has definitely been whited out. You can see faint writing underneath in parts and you can most definitely see some of the black lines are not complete. The green texta had trouble writing over some of the whited out bits. I think it is a used bag.

I am not sure what exactly is going on here but if they really posted it back in mid Dec the tracking number would at least be in the system. I believe the item would have arrived.

I have my doubts you'll get anything, I am not trustful it was really sent. I hope I am wrong.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

aprillfw
Community Member

I've spoken with AusPost about the asme issue on express post envelopes & satchels.  'Postage Cancelled' is pre-printed 3 times under the barcode sticker eg:

postage cancelled

postage cancelled

postage cancelled

so that they can cancel it if it is overweight, etc.  by removing the barcode sticker.  It has been misprinted a little lower than normal but unless the barcode sticker has been removed as well Australia Post will honour the prepaid satchel and send it off as normal.  If you still haven't receved it then chances are it's an issue with australia post, not the sender.

I've had items sent to me that have the same misprint and there have never been any issues.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks aprillfw, We sorted it out in the end. The parcel had been returned to the sender or the sender never posted it to begin with.

After several weeks of emails and threats to get police involved the parcel was posted in exactly the same satchel and arrived within a couple of days. 🙂
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Australia Post = Useless.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply