New Car Advice

Does anyone have an opinion about the difference in quality between a Suzuki Swift and a Corolla hatch?

I am aware of the difference in engine capacity, the difference in the wheel base which would give better stability, and the price difference.  The dashbboard gadgetry is irrelevant.

Would the Corolla be a better car?  By much?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

New Car Advice

absolutely people can love cars. Im a complete convert after getting my soobi. Im still a pulsar/nissan girl but do love driving my lil astra

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

Ah Chuk...another Astra owner !!! xxx

All the negative comments I got when I posted about buying the 2004/5 Astra had me a little worried that I'd wasted my money but so far, so good lol

I finally got the courage to read the log book....previous owner was Bundaberg Health and it was serviced regularly etc.  It must have only been driven locally, hence the low klms and only had a driver most of the time as the interior is in great condition.

I'll still have the timing chain done and a service before I move, should keep me going for a few years.

As for a swift or corolla.....I always thought corollas where a very good car, seem to have a good reputation.

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

absolutely people can love cars. Im a complete convert after getting my soobi. Im still a pulsar/nissan girl but do love driving my lil astra

A car isn't capable of loving you back, no matter how good a car is to you, relible, fast, fun, it is still only parts assembled with a varrying degree of quality depending on the car and how it's cared for. It can't love you back, can't wrap it's wheels around you and express that love. I too struggle with my fondness for things like cars, but try to be carefull throwing the "love" word around.. I like lots of things, I only really love a few people, possibly a pet cat if I had one. Thats what gives the "love" word it's meaning. It wouldn't mean near as much if I threw it around carelessly.

I like a 1968 thrugh 1972 Chevy Nova as much or more than any other car. I like lots of cars alot, but love no car, a car does not exist that I love. They just don't meet the critera of at least being capable of loving me back.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

it's just an expression joani, people say it in the motoring industry

another one like "its like riding a bike"

my mere 89 volvo 240 has served me well for over 8yrs but i could love a toyota GT 86 

Signatures suck.
Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

another one like "its like riding a bike"

bp.jpg

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

the bloke who gave away a stack of bikes waved this off as a piece of rubbish

it was dirty, bent fork, bent handlebar, broken brake lever, rear flat

i saw beyond that and have been giving her some unconditional love

sourced parts from scrap bikes, suspensin fork, alloy bar, grips bell etc, replaced the brake lever. still need to fit the carrier and service the cables, tune the derailluers

so far as for bikes the latest in techo ive owned, made from light weigh materials, alloy titanium etc, 24 spd

took it for a test spin last night, im lovin' it

IMG_2707.JPG

Signatures suck.
Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

May the both of you be very happy together. I think too many people get "like" and "love" mixed up. or maybe my definition of love differs.

for example, I love people that I don't like very much. and I like people alot that I don't love. But who knows? maybe my thinking is flawed

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

@softail-joanie wrote:

A car isn't capable of loving you back, no matter how good a car is to you, relible, fast, fun, it is still only parts assembled with a varrying degree of quality depending on the car and how it's cared for. It can't love you back, can't wrap it's wheels around you and express that love. I too struggle with my fondness for things like cars, but try to be carefull throwing the "love" word around.. I like lots of things, I only really love a few people, possibly a pet cat if I had one. Thats what gives the "love" word it's meaning. It wouldn't mean near as much if I threw it around carelessly.

I like a 1968 thrugh 1972 Chevy Nova as much or more than any other car. I like lots of cars alot, but love no car, a car does not exist that I love. They just don't meet the critera of at least being capable of loving me back.

and differences makes the world go round. I love my cars, you dont. Doesnt matter if it doesnt love me back. I dont love things to be loved. I love things that give me enjoyment. Cars do that. Gotta love differences

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

@soulart2 wrote:

Ah Chuk...another Astra owner !!! xxx

All the negative comments I got when I posted about buying the 2004/5 Astra had me a little worried that I'd wasted my money but so far, so good lol

I finally got the courage to read the log book....previous owner was Bundaberg Health and it was serviced regularly etc.  It must have only been driven locally, hence the low klms and only had a driver most of the time as the interior is in great condition.

I'll still have the timing chain done and a service before I move, should keep me going for a few years.

As for a swift or corolla.....I always thought corollas where a very good car, seem to have a good reputation.

I was apprehensive about getting it and only really bought it for the 77thou on the clock. It has been the most reliable car Ive had besides my pulsar 🙂 Its still going and has needed no major work. Timing has been done and at 104thou now, its still a few k's off needing re doing. Its zippy, cute, and packs a punch when  needed

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

@softail-joanie wrote:

May the both of you be very happy together. I think too many people get "like" and "love" mixed up. or maybe my definition of love differs.

for example, I love people that I don't like very much. and I like people alot that I don't love. But who knows? maybe my thinking is flawed

wheres dalt when you need him?! "diversity really is grand"

it bolis down to being just a figure of speech

but i can either dislike or hate a car model

blokes on top gear use the term

it's a good car but can it be as loveable as a golf?! for example

Signatures suck.
Message 30 of 39
Latest reply