New Car Advice

Does anyone have an opinion about the difference in quality between a Suzuki Swift and a Corolla hatch?

I am aware of the difference in engine capacity, the difference in the wheel base which would give better stability, and the price difference.  The dashbboard gadgetry is irrelevant.

Would the Corolla be a better car?  By much?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

New Car Advice

I just got the NRMA magazine yesterday, with their choices for best cars 2014. I know this doesn't answer your question but you might be open to different car brands

Best Micro Car

Mitsubishi Mirage ES  $14,352

Nissan Micra ST  $16 321

Holden Barina Spark CD $15 663

Best Light Car

VW Polo 66TSI  $22 559

Honda Jazz VTI  $19 856

Best Small Car under $35 000

Hyundai i30 Active  $26 586

Mazda3 MAXX  $28 349

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

Does anyone have an opinion about the difference in quality between a Suzuki Swift and a Corolla hatch?

I know the Corolla to be a good car, know nothing about the Swift. Look into a Honda Fit. Dad bought one, great car.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

Thanks Am and Joanie.  Nobody else seems to have an opinion.

We might have to think in a different direction.

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

Go for a drive in all the ones in the size and price range of interest,  go home and read about/research your favourites,  then pick the one with the best looking colour.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

I have a Suzuki Alto, smaller than the Swift, and its been great. I am going to upgrade to something slightly larger soon so I am also interested in opinions. I kind of like the Ford Fiesta or Honda Jazz.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

@gleee58 wrote:

Go for a drive in all the ones in the size and price range of interest,  go home and read about/research your favourites,  then pick the one with the best looking colour.

Smiley Very Happy    That would be black.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

@punch*drunk wrote:

I have a Suzuki Alto, smaller than the Swift, and its been great. I am going to upgrade to something slightly larger soon so I am also interested in opinions. I kind of like the Ford Fiesta or Honda Jazz.

I've heard that car called a Noddy car.  Would be useless (IMO) for long drives at speeds.

Corollas are no longer made in Japan, but in India, as are the Suzukis, so I'm told.  But those imported into Australia still have a good reputation.

Best car I ever drove was a Ford Laser Ghia.  Wish I still had it.

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

Its actually not bad along a freeway and surprsingly comfortable, not so great on steep hills and not enough guts to overtake unless you have a fair bit of room.

I just want something with a bit more leg and boot space and a bit more guts up a hill. I have a 4wd as well so I dont want anything too big, just something to run around in that is cheap.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

New Car Advice

We have had corollas in our family for a long time.

Very reliable, easy to work on and parts are reasonably priced.

My sister had a fiesta, I don't think she'll buy another.

A few friends have the Jazz and say terrific but Honda are a little dearer for what you get and in parts.

Don't know much about the Swift.

Test drive both and you may fall in love with one. I think they are both reliable.

Also google the exact models you are looking for to see if either have a design issue.

image host
Message 10 of 39
Latest reply