Not in my name

...for those who keep saying that the Muslim community is silent:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/notinmyname-campaign-sees-young-muslims-fight-is-on-social-...

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Not in my name

@karliandjacko wrote:
  • It looks like only see what we want to see, or what  murdoch wants us to see

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-14/line-up-for-food-at-the-muslims-love-australia-picnic-day/5742...

Thousands of people attended the Muslims Love Australia picnic day in Sydney on September 14, 2014.

i'm surprised morisson didnt use it as

a perfect photo opportunity, although this was

in the telegraph

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/news/lakemba-community-takes-a-stand-against-extremism-wi...

probably the only time Proud Australian

t-shirts would not offend anyone here.

Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

this from a related story in your link -

worth posting:

The father of an Australian Islamic State (IS) fighter has told parents at a family picnic day to take their children's passports if they think their offspring plan on joining extremists.

Thousands of people attended the community barbecue, Muslims Love Australia, in Lakemba in Sydney's south-west on Sunday.

The event was sponsored by Mamdouh Elomar, the father of Mohamed Elomar, who is wanted by Australia police after photos of him brandishing the severed heads of Syrian soldie....

"I don't see my son, I just see him on the news," Mr Elomar said.

"I have no connection with him."

He said he wanted his son to stop what he was doing. 

"Any parents of Muslim people that think that their kids, they try to think to go to overseas to fight up there, just stop them," he said.

"Call the police to stop them, take their passports."

He said the actions of the IS group had tarnished the Muslim faith.

"This is not the Islamic way. The way they take journalists and cut their heads, this is nonsense," he said.

"We don't believe in this and we don't support this."

Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

@*julia*2010 wrote:

this from a related story in your link -

worth posting:

The father of an Australian Islamic State (IS) fighter has told parents at a family picnic day to take their children's passports if they think their offspring plan on joining extremists.

Thousands of people attended the community barbecue, Muslims Love Australia, in Lakemba in Sydney's south-west on Sunday.

The event was sponsored by Mamdouh Elomar, the father of Mohamed Elomar, who is wanted by Australia police after photos of him brandishing the severed heads of Syrian soldie....

"I don't see my son, I just see him on the news," Mr Elomar said.

"I have no connection with him."

He said he wanted his son to stop what he was doing. 

"Any parents of Muslim people that think that their kids, they try to think to go to overseas to fight up there, just stop them," he said.

"Call the police to stop them, take their passports."

He said the actions of the IS group had tarnished the Muslim faith.

"This is not the Islamic way. The way they take journalists and cut their heads, this is nonsense," he said.

"We don't believe in this and we don't support this."

Yes, it is. It must be terrifying for parents to see offspring get caught up in extremist groups.

Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

j*oono
Community Member

At last!  A peaceful thread that isn't just breeding more hate and distrust.

This makes me happy.

Joono
Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

Peaceful muslims do not receive the publicity that the extremists do, Creating fear and hatred is what the media focus on to increase their readership and ratings - same with certain politicians.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

@debra9275 wrote:

no we missed it last night Karlia, we usually watch media watch and Quanda, I've read some commentary about it though.

thank goodness for social media, at least that's unbiased   Smiley Happy

yes social media is a very powerful tool

and it is great to see this initiative. the message

is out there and it will only grow bigger.

i do wish though that the founder of

Islamic Friendship Association of Australia

would get more involved  using his position:

https://www.facebook.com/keysar.trad

Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

It's time the news reporters started calling ISIL extremists or extremists muslims

i think they have -

lately i have been mainly reading or hearing references to

"terror group isil" or "islamic extremist group"

you'd hope by now most thinking people understand what

isil is.

Message 17 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

Absolutely, and we need to remember that there are 2 billions of Muslims in the world, while there is about 30 000 of ISIL members, and ISIL pose much more danger to other Muslims, and to other people living Middle East than to us. 

Muslim people living in Australia are frightened for their relatives still over there, and they are also feeling under attack from other Australians.  I have noticed nobody is talking here about the threats to Muslims by ADL ?.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s3989318.htm

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

@*julia*2010 wrote:

It's time the news reporters started calling ISIL extremists or extremists muslims

i think they have -

lately i have been mainly reading or hearing references to

"terror group isil" or "islamic extremist group"

you'd hope by now most thinking people understand what

isil is.

Good, I hope they keep it up and the rest follow.  

Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

Not in my name

@***super_nova*** wrote:

Absolutely, and we need to remember that there are 2 billions of Muslims in the world, while there is about 30 000 of ISIL members, and ISIL pose much more danger to other Muslims, and to other people living Middle East than to us. 

Muslim people living in Australia are frightened for their relatives still over there, and they are also feeling under attack from other Australians.  I have noticed nobody is talking here about the threats to Muslims by ADL ?.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2014/s3989318.htm

it was on the news and someone

posted that hate note from them

on the other thread -

that note was shown on the news as well.

wasnt it the ADL leader who got shot at his

greystanes house?  i think there was a thread

about that as well here.

Message 20 of 44
Latest reply