Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

Lovely Azure...I'm sure Miss will be delighted.

No sewing for me 😞 My dear beloved old Janome has passed away last night. As I had it repaired a few years ago and told how worn it was I feel it would be unwise to spend more on it. I do have my old Janome and mums Elna but will need to drag them out, clean them up and get them going in the interim.

Message 1951 of 1,973
Latest reply

Message 1952 of 1,973
Latest reply

lovely Rosie

Message 1953 of 1,973
Latest reply

Rosie, that is lovely, bet he is happy!

Are you liking your new sewing room?:-x

Twinkle, so sorry about your machine. I am still holding off getting a new one, waiting for my machine to kick the bucket. I am now looking at the Horizon instead of the 6600P.

Message 1954 of 1,973
Latest reply

He hasnt seen it yet Az - I am giving it to him for Christmas.  This one is for my granddaughter's fiancee

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx237/rosie-glen/008.jpg

Message 1955 of 1,973
Latest reply

Very nice Rosie, I am partial to stars!

Message 1956 of 1,973
Latest reply

Nice quilts ladies.

Love the tyres Rosie, unusual and really good to be able to use in a quilt for a man.

Message 1957 of 1,973
Latest reply

Making a cot quilt for a baby shower, all 2inch squares. No idea if it will be boy or girl.

Message 1958 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thought this Thread was gone...

Message 1959 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rosie your star quilt is wonderful, and, Az, your tiny squares are great, it's very striking....clever girls.

Message 1960 of 1,973
Latest reply