Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

Woohoo, on the home stretch with the quilt. I think I like Batiks now. This is for my grandaughter's 8th birthday on Monday. Still have to layer, quilt and bind......

Message 1961 of 1,973
Latest reply

Nice quilt az, very striking.

Message 1962 of 1,973
Latest reply

Thank you, I didn't get it completed in time but will do today.

Message 1963 of 1,973
Latest reply

I made this Felt tree for little ones who like to decorate and undecorate the tree.... constantly, lol.

Message 1964 of 1,973
Latest reply

Great idea

Message 1965 of 1,973
Latest reply

My latest quilt, was supposed to be ready in October but my Janome kicked the bucket, so this had to have 1/2 the quilting unpicked :|......and redone on my new machine.:-D

Finally done and ready for the grandaughter when she arrives today!

Message 1966 of 1,973
Latest reply

Love that one Az - how old is this granddaughter?

Message 1967 of 1,973
Latest reply

She is 9 Rosie.

Thank you, your last batik one was what convinced me to try it. :-xThe back is black with a faded spot and I ventured into printing my own label for it too!.

Message 1968 of 1,973
Latest reply

meh_too
Community Member

Very nice Az.  It will be loved.

Unpicking quilting is the pits

Message 1969 of 1,973
Latest reply

Thank you, she loves it! so excited as this is her first one and her sisters already had theirs.

Unpicking........millions of stitches.............. I would have rather made a new one but  this one was pricey!:8}

Message 1970 of 1,973
Latest reply