Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

chuk_77
Community Member
dont stress to much chuk, all quilts according to the shazz quilting book of ethics must have at least 2 wonkys

alright yay. I will go down as a legend in the shazz quilting book of ethics. No one will ever be able to match my wonkiness.:^O
Message 591 of 1,973
Latest reply

yay for the wonkys
Message 592 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
ah I hate maths. Everyone keeps changing the rules on measurements.
In school it was "measure in cm"
In my interior design dip it was "measure in mm"
Now I;m quilting its "measure in inches."
Someone make up their mind please!!!!! :^O
Message 593 of 1,973
Latest reply

they are just tryign to keep us on our toes lol
Message 594 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
thinking of changing my name to "the really wonky 1"
Message 595 of 1,973
Latest reply

:^O
Message 596 of 1,973
Latest reply

rosymog
Community Member
see measurements are confusing
love the idea that all quilts should have some individualness/wonks in them

ooh ganomes

l have to share my gnome pic with molly searching out any more that she thought had climbed out of the tree.
Photobucket
Message 597 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
love the white fluffy tree ornament :^O
Message 598 of 1,973
Latest reply

I'm babysitting so just checking in here and elsewhere on and off.

Measurements are confusing, in hubbys work we always talk metres & mm but when ordering things some like to confuse and talk cms.
Message 599 of 1,973
Latest reply

interesting convo this morning Darling can you please cut me some 30 millimetre strips Ok how many do you want? 6 please He then proceeded to present me with 30 cm strips LOL

Re Kevins have any of you seen the absolutely magnificent kevin fabrics at the stores I accidently put some in my basket yesterday will get a pic later.
Message 600 of 1,973
Latest reply