PETCIRCLE

Does anybody buy their animal food from them?  I have been for years now, but just cancelled my account. 

They were godsent last year when I was in and out of hospital, then not able to drive or carry anything heavy for ages.  This year I was expecting some problems with deliveries due to the COVID19, but it just became joke.  Like only half of consignment actually sent and not telling me; so one box of two would arrive and the tracking shows the whole consignment was delivered, when the $140 bag of dog food was not.  After days chasing it up finally it arrived.  But the last delivery was the last straw. 

The recurring order was due to be dispatched on Thursday, and I got an email telling me it is on it's way, due to be delivered on Monday, and tracking was provided.  On Monday I went to check if it is indeed in the truck.  Except the tracking does noit work; contacted the courier to be told the tracking is not valid.  Tuesday morning PETCIRCLE rep explains that the consignment was not sent yet  because one of the items has been discontinued, and would I like to select alternative.  That is 9am.  By then I only have about day worth of chook feed left, no time to wait for delivery from Queensland to Melbourne, so I tell them I want to cancel the whole order, and run out to see where I can source some chook feed, and come home with 20kg of layer pellets.  Then I cancelled all my further orders and removed all my CCs from the account.  The order was showing as not paid for as yet.  At 5 in the afternoon I get an emails notifying me that my order was dispatched!!!!!!   When it came I did not accept it, as I really do not need another 20kg of chook feed for my 4 hens.

That was couple of weeks ago.  I just noticed that actually, the money was taken out of my account the day when the order was originally due to be dispatched.  The money was still not refunded.  However email last night resulted for the refund being made.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: PETCIRCLE

I've used Pet Circle for years and have experienced only a couple of hiccups. I understood delivery would be a nightmare during Covid because more people would be ordering online, delays in transporting and delivery, and I could imagine PC were understaffed, deep cleaning needed to be done on a regular basis therefore holding up packing etc. Its much better now though because I'm receiving deliveries within a week of ordering.

One thing that really annoys me is that Auto Delivery seems to be a default and I have to actually switch over to Once.I would think many people have mistakenly ordered Auto Delivery. Tricky Pet Circle! I did have a problem, when they switched to Courier delivery, of having to pick up my delivery at a depot because the idiot courier wouldn't follow my instructions to leave the package at my front door. Whats the point of having it delivered if you still have to get in the car and go pick it up!? But after complaining to PC they switched back to Aust Post for me and I've had no problems since.

The advantages of having my cats special dietary food delivered to my door far outweighs the minor glitches but I can understand how annoying and frustrating your experience was.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I am more than willing to give some leeway in this moment, but actually sending message that my order is dispatched when it is not, and then 5 days later telling me that one of the items I badly need is actually discontinued, that is another matter.  The whole point of Auto delivery is that they know 3 months in advance what is needed.  Instead of apology, the staff member emailed me saying that she made the refund as a gesture of good will!!!!  For item that they do not have and for item they dispatched some 6 hours after I cancelled?!!!

Luckily, the courier guy who delivers to this area was lovely and I explained to him that as I need to divide all the large bags, and cannot bend down, I need the large parcels sat in certain way on seat on my veranda. Then I can make a hole in the bag and let it pour into small buckets with lid.  It worked a treat. I would have liked to keep having the orders coming.  They lost a good customer; I used to get all my pet needs; chook food, dog kibble, cat food, wormers, heartworm prevention, and the occasional toys.

I am lot stronger now, and manage to get the 20kg bags from my car on the trolley and inside.  But I will likely have my knees replaced, and having reliable deliveries would be useful. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I'm surprised they said they would refund out of "good will" something that was their fault lol

If you decide to give them another go it might be safer to order once only. I just go into Order History and re-order. Last time I did that one of the products was unavailable so I had the chance to order a substitute. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

They sound very sloppy.

I looked into PetCircle a year or so ago but I found their prices for cat food were not competitive and they didn't sell the kitty litter I usually buy.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply