115 REPLIES 115

Re: Pell Acquitted

Scottish Law allows for three alternative verdicts: guilty; not guity, or not proven. What a shame that third option isn't  open to our courts.

Message 41 of 116
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Scottish Law allows for three alternative verdicts: guilty; not guity, or not proven. What a shame that third option isn't  open to our courts.

Father Vincent Ryan might not agree...

Woman Wink

Message 42 of 116
Latest reply

Comment re Pell.jpg

Message 43 of 116
Latest reply

Message 44 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:
Kind of reminds about the Lindy Chamberlain case and what a witch hunt that was.

Did the Victorian Police investigate that, it seems that everything they investigate ( or not---Kathy Jackson or Craig Thomson) seems to be a balls up.

Message 45 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

Woman Wink

Why?

Message 46 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

Woman Wink

Why?

Because he might think himself not guilty....

Message 47 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Woman Wink

Why?

Because he might think himself not guilty....and not subject to Scottish law anyhoo.

Message 48 of 116
Latest reply

regardless of todays decision, george pell will forever be haunted by the fact he was found guilty of this most disgusting crime agains innocent children.

there will be those who can smile and say hes innocent, true believers who truly believe he could never do such a thing

i feel most will allways think hes a guilty man who escaped justice because it was his word against a child (at the time)

and hes held such a high position in public life for such a long time.

who knows whos secret handshakes were involved, many of us suspect the right hands were there protecting one of their own.

me, i tend to believe the boy (man)

i could be wrong.

but if george is a true believer in god and hes guilty then we know where hes going.

and even if he doesnt go there, people will allways not trust him.

in his business being trusted goes a long way.

Message 49 of 116
Latest reply

Havent posted for a while but this verdiict brought me back today.   I have been watching Revelation on the ABC, pretty hard stuff to watch but gives you a good insight of what went on in these institutions.  Pell forms part of this, the poor young man in Ballarat that was not only an orphan but subjected to visits from Pell.  I believe what David has said, regardless of todays verdict, the majority of people see him as a sexual abuser.  .  As I heard someone say today,  give him an all expenses paid trip of the Ruby Princess.    thoughts are with all the abused children and families today.

Message 50 of 116
Latest reply