115 REPLIES 115

Re: Pell Acquitted

What terrifies me that the victims are made to feel ashamed.  So ashamed that some took their lives, others end up alcoholics or drug addicts.  What sort of society are we that children and even grown ups feel that way?  Children should be able to trust adults and if somebody is abusing them they should have in their life somebody who they trust enough to confide what is happening without feeling they will not be believed, or that would somehow be blamed.  How sad is it that child would feel they somehow disappointed their parents .

Message 51 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Scottish Law allows for three alternative verdicts: guilty; not guity, or not proven. What a shame that third option isn't  open to our courts.

Father Vincent Ryan might not agree...

Woman Wink

Why?

Because he might think himself not guilty....and not subject to Scottish law anyhoo.

He very well may - but in that case  I'm sure he'd find "Not Proven" a more acceptable verdict  than "Guilty".

Message 52 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Scottish Law allows for three alternative verdicts: guilty; not guity, or not proven. What a shame that third option isn't  open to our courts.

Woman Wink

Why?

Because he might think himself not guilty....and not subject to Scottish law anyhoo.

He very well may - but in that case  I'm sure he'd find "Not Proven" a more acceptable verdict  than "Guilty".

We may never get to ask him...

Message 53 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Woman Wink

Why?

Believe it or not, I hadn't actually planned on doing so.

Message 54 of 116
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Woman Wink

Why?

Believe it or not, I hadn't actually planned on doing so.

I don't believe it!

Message 55 of 116
Latest reply

O.J
Message 56 of 116
Latest reply

Vatican 'welcomes' overturning of George Pell's conviction, Pope tweets cryptic message

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-08/vatican-welcomes-overturning-of-george-pell-conviction/121310...

OMG!

the vatican and more so the pope have not been very humble here

the pope describes the former victim as someone who

""Had it in for pell""

he wasnt found innocent, just there was 'some doubt' about his guilt.

althought NOT in the eyes of a JURY!

a JURY thought he was GUILTY!

and so do millions of people!!

Message 57 of 116
Latest reply

@*kazumi* wrote:

What terrifies me that the victims are made to feel ashamed.  So ashamed that some took their lives, others end up alcoholics or drug addicts.  What sort of society are we that children and even grown ups feel that way?  Children should be able to trust adults and if somebody is abusing them they should have in their life somebody who they trust enough to confide what is happening without feeling they will not be believed, or that would somehow be blamed.  How sad is it that child would feel they somehow disappointed their parents .

Victims of crime  or marginalised non-conformists to an accepted way of life ?

As an observer being an outsider at a community prospective  , I ponder the applied believe system of the Catholic culture and non-observant Catholic sourced socio-influences in general behaviour and attitudes within Catholic centric State of Victoria

Message 58 of 116
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@*kazumi* wrote:

Victims of crime  or marginalised non-conformists to an accepted way of life ?

As an observer being an outsider at a community prospective  , I ponder the applied believe system of the Catholic culture and non-observant Catholic sourced socio-influences in general behaviour and attitudes within Catholic centric State of Victoria

Pardon?

Message 59 of 116
Latest reply

**Chuckles

Signatures suck.
Message 60 of 116
Latest reply