Photo Challenge #59- Anything Today

Photo challenge # 59 Theme is  - Anything Today

Photo MUST be your own work.  

Photo enhancement is permitted, but must be your own work

Everyone is welcome to enter and anyone can give kudos

Winner is the poster with the most kudos and the winner chooses the next theme.

In the case of a tie, the OP chooses the winner.

Finishes Sunday 8th July around 2pm. 

Have fun everybody Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Today we went gathering firewood, in preparation for the coldsnap expected tomorrow.

firewood.jpg

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

i so miss having a wood fire, even though the going out with chainsaw to get wood was a pain in my lower back i dont miss.

oh and the greenies complain 'ya destroying habitat for little creatures.'

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

David, I'm one of those greenies, lol.

I looked for tracks and signs of habitation before cutting the logs, and we left the ends that made good hidey holes.

Today I watched motorbike racing

bike (2 of 1).jpg

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

@the*scarlet*pimpernel wrote:

I looked for tracks and signs of habitation before cutting the logs, and we left the ends that made good hidey holes.

bike (2 of 1).jpg

Very nice photo too. Motor racing is not easy to catch as it all happens so quickly.

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

My Enzso (aka Squeezebox Boogaloo) 

P1080411.JPG

Scat.jpg

I,m Holding Mr. Enzso Hostage ............Place ONE MILLION DOLLARS into my paypal account if you want him back    !!!

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@the*scarlet*pimpernel wrote:

bike (2 of 1).jpg

Very nice photo too. Motor racing is not easy to catch as it all happens so quickly.

thank you. I picked a spot on the track, set the focus, then waited for the bikes to come in to shot. OUt of several hundred photos tere was maybe half a dozen decent ones Smiley LOL

bike (2 of 3).jpg    bike (3 of 3).jpgbike (4 of 3).jpg

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

Sounds like you have had a couple of busy days. Firewood collection and bike races.

Back in the " good old days "  I used to write articles for a car magazine. We would get free press passes and trackside access to the Adelaide Grand Prix which was nice, but you could go through ten rolls of film ( with developing costs ) before you had enough good shots to illustrate the article. We where only paid a modest flat fee for the article & pictures which barely covered the photo developing costs at car races.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

Just a bunch of everyday stuff... not for the weekly pic vote. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 3.15.20 PM.png

Gwennie is having some health issues... still walking her daily... but she has her own ride now. 

Sadly, Toys R Us has closed most of its stores. I guess kids don't play with toys any longer?

Saw this today. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 12.18.04 PM.png

It's hotter than heck outside today 114 F. The malls are ghost towns, especially the outdoor malls. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 12.18.16 PM.png

Beep beep

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i so miss having a wood fire, even though the going out with chainsaw to get wood was a pain in my lower back i dont miss.

That's the fun part if you've got a good powerful machine

splitting them i find a hassle, got a huge pile of logs from cutting down trees here

when i gets me a mechanical log splitter then i'll use it up

Signatures suck.
Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

Hi all, I'm going to cut this about 2 hours short. The winner can choose a time that suits them next Sunday, I suppose. Maybe 8 pm was the normal time?  It's 7:30 pm on Saturday where I live (right now). 

If more votes show up for the pictures, I apologize. 

I loved the everyday life photos. Thanks to everybody who participated. My favorites are always animal photos. Simone's artistic talents were fun to see. Vacuum, laundry, tea time.. wonderful use of the theme. Ly's flowers were a nice addition too. As always Scarlet added wonderful photos. 

The winner is Kopenhagen with 9 votes.  Woo hoo... very literal, and it made me laugh out loud. 

Congratulation to Kopenhagen, and thank you to everybody who posted a photo. 

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply