Pierced ears

I am considering getting pierced ears. How do I go about it and who does it? Does it hurt, I am a wuss?
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Pierced ears

Well, it would save the pain.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

Folks like piercing, because it individualizes them............

axel-rosales-most-piercings-on-face_dsc5560.jpg

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

My daughter had hers done at 12 yrs old.

She went to an 'Essential Beauty' to get it done.

She is a wuss but she barely flinched

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

As mentioned above, Pharmacies have staff that do ear piercing.. They use a sort of 'staple gun' to do it. It isn't painful.

Ask for someone with plenty of  experience. When my daughter go hers done when she was about 12.. the pharmacy staff member who did it, it was their first time! They did have another staff member supervising her. The 'trainee'  put the second one in lower than the first and had to do it again. Could have done without that experience.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

i wanted my ears pierced when i was seven.

we went to a jeweller and one of the staff tried to hold my head. i told them that i wasn't a monkey so they didn't hold my head and it didn't hurt much. what were they thinking? it was my idea and i knew that it might hurt.

i got more piercings further up later in life and they did hurt, the more up the ear the more it hurts.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

I recently had mine done at Cosmetics plus, second set of holes, first ones done about 42 years ago, they used a gun type applicator and all you feel is pressure, it cost me $25 including the studs.

I also paid $20 for some after care sprays.

I am a sook, have to say, there was no pain, all healed up and really pleased I did them.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

A friend did mine with a big needle.  Not a very wise thing to do but I was lucky and they didn't get infected.

I agree with Lind.  Get the hoop sleepers and you are less likely to get an infection.  I still have problems now if I try to wear studs.

I had both lobes pierced a second time at the chemist with a piercing gun.  It didn't hurt but they got them crooked and I ended up letting them close.

Joono
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

Mine were done at a pharmacy at 14. They were spot on, as the young lady who did them used a marker pen and asked if I was happy with the placement. Then a stud gun was used for the piercings. The antiseptic lotion was squirted on three times a day for a few weeks. I agree that hoops would have been easier. The studs were not smooth to rotate and I was a bit of a bleeder ๐Ÿ˜ž seemed to take a while to heal up.

not much pain on the pierce, though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

I did mine at Walmart, back in 2008 or 2009, not sure. it was free with the purchase of the earings, I think around 10 dollars. It did hurt, and I am not a wuss. It's been more than a year since i've wore earings though, they might need pierced again. Likely will need to start doing at least a few things again when and if I get established and replace things I lost (was taken) last year, like that lighted mirror thing I used for my makeup, It was magnified and made putting in earings easy.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

I did mine (one of) with a safety pin Smiley LOL

Don't do it, it hurts Smiley LOL   (with a safety pin I mean)

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply