Rafael's watch worth a cool $775,000. But .......

.....   the band is velcro.

Smiley Surprised

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/31/rafael-nadals-775k-watch-will-likely-sell-out.html

Like most tennis greats, Rafael Nadal's name and likeness help sell everything from T-shirts to sneakers and cars to underwear. But only Nadal has shown a talent for selling out watches that cost a half-million dollars or more.

Through his sponsorship deal with Swiss watchmaker Richard Mille, Nadal has already sold out two production runs of watches made in his honor. The first, the RM 027, retailed for $500,000 and quickly sold out.

The second, the RM 27-01, was priced at $690,000 and also sold out. Only 50 of each watch were made.........

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There's that Velcro again

Ooops, I mean Velcro®

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

How anyone would pay that kind of money for a watch is beyond me.  It's not worth it in reality, just a useless status symbol linked to a 'famous' name no matter what the inner workings of it.

Just like the Rolex brand, paying for just a brand name for anything is crazy in my opinion if the value in substance is not there.  'Rich' under those conditions turns out to be 'bizarre' and well out of step in the real world ...  cuckoo land! ..  Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

if i had that kind of cash id buy a clock.......on the wall of my house on a huge bit of land with a big fence all around it!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

peanut.jpg

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I find it disgusting the way rich people throw their money around just to be admired for it.

Raffael does not have to pay for the watch, just wear it and bring the millions in for the Watchmaker.

I have a ROLEX.

Rolex01.jpg

One of my sons bought it for me when he was in the Navy, serving in Singapore more than 40 years ago.

He paid AU$18.- for it. I get some funny looks when I have to have the battery replaced every few years.

My great, fake watch.

Erica

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply