Red Wine Drinkers?

lis351
Community Member

Are there any around??

A relative has a birthday coming up, and I have no clue for a gift, I was thinking of a nice bottle of red (if such a thing exists *shudder*) between $30-$50. Any suggestions??

Ill need as much information as you can give me, I have no idea on wine that isnt a $4-$15 bottle of Moscato. LOL.

I think Port may be an option too, if anyone has any suggestions on that.

TIA Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Red Wine Drinkers?

sssaau4
Community Member

are you SURE that there is nothing else that would make them happy?

if you gave me a pasta maker or a knitting machine  i would  love you forever.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

j*oono
Community Member

Lis, Probably best to ask at the bottle shop.  I quite like red wines but not in that price range.  I do like Wynns Coonawarra Black Label Cab Sav which is pretty pricey.  Their Shiraz is good too.

Joono
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

Smiley LOL Uummmm I really dont think knitting machine is in the demographic Im going for here Smiley Tongue

Although Im sure you could do fabulous things with a [asta maker, Im sure thats not fitting either, I dont think he eats pasta.

Dunno, you got any better suggestions for male 50th birthday??

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

*makes notes* Thanks J*, I will go into the big one nearby, just a little short on time before then.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

whatcha mean with demographic?

*huffed*

look, my point was: think hard what they really want/need.

please do not waste money on junk.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

@lis351 wrote:

Smiley LOL Uummmm I really dont think knitting machine is in the demographic Im going for here Smiley Tongue

Although Im sure you could do fabulous things with a [asta maker, Im sure thats not fitting either, I dont think he eats pasta.

Dunno, you got any better suggestions for male 50th birthday??

Males are usually difficult.

Focus on something he enjoys.

look up motor bike shows in your area if he likes it or buy him a knitting machine if he wants one.

my point is: anything thta makes him happy. if it involves to hire a ho do it.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

I just thought of a better idea Lis.  Rather than going for a posh label, what about a wine from a region that they are fond of.

Is there a place for a family occasion that means anything to them?  Down south, Margaret River etc. or Swan Valley?  There are heaps of wineries around WA and one of them might mean something.

Joono
Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

I should add, if you mean Dan Murphies, they have a whole section just for WA wines.

Joono
Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Red Wine Drinkers?

LOL! Thanks, Ill store that idea for when Im looking to be removed from the family.

Yeah, thats where I was thinking J*, are they helpful in there?? I only go in when I know what Im looking for, I could get lost in there. LOL. WA or NZ Im thinking. I just dont know wine, the last time I tasted one of his wines it was horrible burning stuff. I thought it was 'off''. LOL.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply