Roll Call.

How many spammers do we have here ? i see the page is once again full.

i get the message from members that they are sick of political threads, it's the reason i havent started one for a while now. i promised .:-)

the question is for all the forum regulars is How are you going to reclaim the boards from these obsessive types? me i can cope with electoral defeat.. its a short term problem.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Roll Call.

How many spammers? That I can't answer, they keep multiplying.   ;\

Appreciate your effort in not starting any more. If they put all their C &P's in one or two threads, ,maybe it wouldn't be so bad

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

If they stuck to one ID it wouldn't be such a big problem, but they don't. It's definitely a breach of community values.

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

j*oono
Community Member

I don't think the election result will stop them.  Like you said it is an obsession.  They will find something to whinge about no matter who wins.

Joono
Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

The thing is debra that they aren't actual posts, but dubious newspaper articles.

i think people are aware of the current situation, and if they are interested they can read the paper or it's digital equivalent themselves. as DDU said to me once or twice, the threads i posted in the past had the opposite effect with her.. they made her determined to vote otherwise . . you can't change people's minds unless they are weak minded.

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

I don't read them anyway LL & I agree with DDU too

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

I don't read them anyway LL & I agree with DDU too

i read them to compare the NewsLTD version of events to the facts, the comparison is interesting. many of the topics are unrecognisable due to extreme distortion.

i probably should resist answering at all, i wonder if its the best method.. ignore it and they may go away or post something else that isn't just a C@P . C@P has its place , but not when the material is already plastered all over the web news sites.

Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

Oh, and i don't include threads by cats back in my criticism. i rarely agre with CB, but don't consider her to be one of the spammers. hers show a lot more honesty , even if i disagree .

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

I've got most of the copy paste spammers on ignore. Well, not all their IDs, the mothership provides a social insight into underground education standards. Literally :^O

even on ignore, their repetitive spam is annoying. eBay must support spammers now? Liveworld obviously does.

Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

Roll Call.

Agree with the above posts.  Sick of the endless c & p's, scrollers, mindless regurgitation, extreme and irrational confected outrage.   You have to wade through this toot just to find something of substance.   Often the OP is so long it occupies most of the page, but I presume that is their intention.

Of course, being a "luvvie", I would feel this way, wouldn't I ?

Also agree with the comment that the election of the LNP won't lead to any diminution of this rubbish.  It'll be "woe is us, the previous guvvmint left us in such a hole, it ain't our fault"  for about 3 + years.   Sigh.

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 10 of 60
Latest reply