Serena Williams slams doping test frequency

Serena Williams slams doping test frequency, says she is being discriminated against by USADA

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-26/serena-williams-anti-doping-discrimination/10037538

well what does she think, they will not notice an aging player returns from having a baby who looks better than before she had a baby who still waltzes through to a grand slam final is not using any 'aids' in her health regime?

maybe shes clean, maybe not, but cant blame them looking.

you play the game you play by ALL the rules, including drug tests as often as its deemed they wanna do.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Wow 5 times in 6 months.

Has she ever heard of Caster Semenya?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would hardly label Serena over the hill as far as her age and certainly having a baby does not preclude an athlete from getting back on top of her game.

My OH works in an industry that does random drug and alcohol testing.....he swears he has "random" tattooed on his forehead because he gets tested every time the testers enter the shed.  You would think if a 75 year old has tested negative in every test in 20+ years they might get the message that he does not drink or take drugs.

But by your thinking David it appears that the older he gets the more likely he is to take to drink and drugs.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

when your OH is playing in a wimbeldon final i fully expect he will get tested for sure

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Nobody has ever suggested that she should not be tested but there are limits.  Why should she be tested 5+ times when other players are not tested at all.

It is pretty blatant discrimination.

My daughter competed in Horse Shows for many years, from monthly gymkhanas to Royal Shows and Horse of the Year.....in over 20 years her horses were never tested, ever!   But we watched the same competitors getting tested time and time again.  Strangely, the competitors that were known to use drugs on their horses never got tested even when they were reported to the authorities.

If drug testing is going to be done it should be done to all competitors equally.  Random is only as random as the testers want it to be.

As far as top tennis tournaments like Wimbledon all competitors from the quarter final, semi finals and final should be tested and random players below those levels.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

just a thought. maybe winners get tested a lot? or players who reach finals?

she make finals a lot doesnt she? and her win loss ratio is the envy of every other female player.

its serena vs everyone else, maybe if it was serena vs the same other girl every time that other girl would also be getting tested the same number of times?

i seem to hear serena williams is up against player 'A' or "B" or "C" or "D" ect ect in the final of whatever it is.

the one who seems to be consistently in the finals is serena. so its to be expected she would get tested the most.

maybe she should try not winning, see if the tests stop?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply