Taking mock compassion too far.

Ok we have had the "Poor Illegal Refugee" the "Poor Dole Bludger" the "Poor whatever" thread so now what about the "Poor Self Inflicted Addict" thread.

We may as well add them to the taxpayers  burden as well. We can cater for their "special needs" out of the bottomless pit of our national debt.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 154
Latest reply
153 REPLIES 153

It's the taxpayers' responsibility to look after the sick, the poor and the disadvantaged members of society. It's part of this social contract thingy, isn't it?

It's a society we have after all, and hopefully a civilised one, although I am becoming a little disillusioned where that is concerned.

Message 2 of 154
Latest reply

What happens when the ones "needing" support exceed the providers?

The trend is that more and more "need" to depend on others for their "needs", they claim that it is their "right"

You are concerned, you better be the time is fast approaching.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 3 of 154
Latest reply

It's civilisation. It's what we should be aiming for. It's what we claim we have.

Compare the actual with the ideal.

Message 4 of 154
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

What happens when the ones "needing" support exceed the providers?

The trend is that more and more "need" to depend on others for their "needs", they claim that it is their "right"

You are concerned, you better be the time is fast approaching.

The government should be tackling drug addiction from the other end, from where it begins. Heightened border security and stricter monitoring of suspect money transactions, tougher laws including execution of known drug dealers.

Message 5 of 154
Latest reply

tougher laws including execution of known drug dealers.

Seriously that is one of your solutions? In a country that doesn't have a death penalty (for any offence).

Message 6 of 154
Latest reply

Does not even work in Countries that have the death penalty.

Message 7 of 154
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Why do you call it mock compassion, Poddster?

Joono
Message 8 of 154
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

tougher laws including execution of known drug dealers.

Seriously that is one of your solutions? In a country that doesn't have a death penalty (for any offence).

Seriously? Yes. If we want to get serious about the drug epidemic gripping our country, it should be re-introduced.

Because addiction to drugs like ice, meth and cocaine are the death penalty to our youth.

Message 9 of 154
Latest reply

Execute one or one hundred drug dealers, there will be plenty more willing to become drug dealers (for the $$)

How is that going to stop the demand for drugs?

Message 10 of 154
Latest reply