Teachers preaching their political beliefs to students

bldj1926
Community Member

My kids attend Govt High School, they are aged 13 and 15. During English and Humanities subejcts, several staff have written on the white board "Liberals are racist" and "Abbot is Evil" just to name a few. Im happy for kids to be taught about the Australian Political system but dont be sending kids subliminal messages about your political stance please teachers. Have taken this up with the School and will go to Education Dept if no satisfactory resolution is found. The office of Prime Minister Ship should be treated with respect, regardless of who you vote for. Kids should not be brainwashed by Educationers which we all know are primarily Labour Voters.

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Teachers preaching their political beliefs to students

You all seem to be missing the point. this topic is not about who i or my husband support politically. Dont believe i mentioned who he supports actually. Also dont recall bagging Labour or Greens or any other party. The fact a coworker of mine was at school 10 years ago, not applicable either.  The issue is teachers preaching their beliefs onto kids. It shouldnt happen full stop.  That is the subject people. Its not about how to spell something or use correct grammar either for gods sake despite the fact I mention Teachers. It's also not based on whether the Education Union is Labour backed. Maybe you should all read th original post again rather than assume things that frankly dont exist. And as for your Bully comment, i think its warranted. I post a serious topic (obviously not in some peoples minds) and its not addressed? but some grammar issues are! Did i ask for side comments? Some people spend too much time on here nit picking. If you dont have any knowledge on a topic or anything positive to contribute, then log off. End of this subject.

Message 51 of 55
Latest reply

Hi there... back again!

In a nutshell you allege the teachers wrote those words on the whiteboard. You didn't see those words, no students took photos of those words.

Why do you think anyone (here or Educ Dept)  will take you seriously?

Do these isolated incidents mean most teachers in Australia are Labor Supporters and are trying to influence their students politically? No, it doesn't.

Message 52 of 55
Latest reply

As easy as it is to blame the teachers there is as much, if not more, chance a student wrote it.

Message 53 of 55
Latest reply

Yes am*3, I am back, believe as I originated this post, I would be allowed to come back would I not ?  I figure whilst I am here, its one less other person on this site for kicking down!

It amazes me how many people post things on this site and people just jump on and slam them right back down. I guess its a bit of a power trip seeing as they have no authority to police this site at all.

Sorry, i didnt read the fine print from Mr.Ebay advising that any posts must be backed up with photographic evidence (should have had my kids use their phones for pics even though they're banned in classes!!!) Also sorry I didnt do proper research on the subject providing all and sundry with quotes and court case refs!!  Would make note to self for future reference but alas, care factor = zero.

Interesting that someone wants me to post the result here with Education Dept. Why, when you dont believe there is a case? Would the result = 0 given the issue at hand = 0 ??

I did do a Bullying and Harassment course four months ago (was going to type 4 instead of four for short but remembered the spelling police would be out in force). Its amazing how little is required for it to be considered bullying or harrassment. Would be interested to know when you all took your last course?  Ah.... the silence is deafening.

Well I hope you all enjoyed the kicking down of my post, although some of you were generous to comment on other things not related to proof of the event and spelling issues. Thank you to those people.

I think there is more to be said of the replies to this post than the actually post itself. I have wasted enough of my time on replies and quite frankly, life is too short. I do not have to answer to you, and, I have a life outside of ebay. Shock horror I know.

Goodbye to all, its been a real blast Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 55
Latest reply

Wont be posting on here again

No i wont be posting the result of this nor will i be making future posts.

I was only referring to your very own words.

No other posters have requested or demanded that you keep coming back.. to say the same things over and over and to speak unkindly of others.

My opinion - you have nothing concrete to complain about. Hearsay, that is all - what you have heard from others.

Message 55 of 55
Latest reply