71 REPLIES 71

The Daily Show - John Oliver Investigates Gun Control in Australia

You know, when the subject of firearm legislation is broached on the US boards, the first fallacy that is trotted out is, "It didn't work in Australia"............despite proof that it was actually successful is promulgated.........Heck, even Snopes agrees.

Message 2 of 72
Latest reply

Seen it, someone posted it on here awhile ago. Very funny, but bogus. the guy should have interviewed me instead of that moron "Philip" guy.

Fact is all Australlia did was passed a bunch of unjust laws reguarding gun ownership. Forcing the population underground with their guns. No one there is going to admit to having them and may even put on a show for the cameras of being in favor of the legislation...

The same is happening here in the states, and all they really did was go after certain persons taking away their governmental permissions to own a gun. In America more and more people are going underground with their guns, will likely put on a show of complying with unjust gun laws until the technology comes about to locate and take the guns away. This is a mistake both here, and in Australia. The rights to own these guns, to carry them openly is far more important than the guns themselves.

People are focusing on the guns more than the rights, the rights ensures our children a future of personal freedom. In that respect, One Time is right, we have gun fondlers, selfish people more interested in holding onto the guns they have, than ensuring a future for future generations of the personal freedom to openly own guns, or anything else for that matter. Because trust me when i say, it won't stop with the guns.

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 3 of 72
Latest reply

Why are you spouting out and out lies...........Australia's gun laws are not unjust, and in America, new laws never get onto the books.............one of these days, the Fed is going to decide enough is enough, and start seizing weapons........I hope the fondlers attempt to stop them.........Darwin strikes again!!

Message 4 of 72
Latest reply

" , the rights ensures our children a future.."

I'm sure there'd be quite a few children who'd disagree with you,if they hadn't been gunned down in class.
Message 5 of 72
Latest reply

Message 6 of 72
Latest reply

one of these days, the Fed is going to decide enough is enough, and start seizing weapons........I hope the fondlers attempt to stop them.

Your right, i'm agreeing with you, The feds, local police and sheriffs, as well as UN troops will do just that... ,, they already have done that with some people, they did it durring the Katrina disaster, using it as the excuse.,, But the fondlers as you put it won't attempt to stop them, they will be taken by surprize and have no time to react. The corrupt police will be using xray devices that can see through the walls of homes. They will find hidden gun safes, cuddy holes in the walls, hidden passages, ect..

But you know what One time?, those old cars you like so much, they are next. oh, they are such an eye sore, and dangerious on the roads, the brakes aren't anti lock, some aren't even power, don't be an old muscle car fondler, give them up. Buy a new safe car, with tracking devices and monitoring devices so your loving government knows how fast your going, where your going and can send you reports in the mail about your wastefull driving with tips to eliminate all un nessarry driving.

Mandatory old car buy backs, is your mint 1969 Camaro worth two hundred dollars?, you might get half of that. Cause all they will see is a 40+ year old beater thats unsafe to drive on public roads.

Mark my words, right here right now, it won't stop with guns.

Message 7 of 72
Latest reply

@softail-joanie wrote:

Seen it, someone posted it on here awhile ago. Very funny, but bogus. the guy should have interviewed me instead of that moron "Philip" guy.

Fact is all Australlia did was passed a bunch of unjust laws reguarding gun ownership. Forcing the population underground with their guns. No one there is going to admit to having them and may even put on a show for the cameras of being in favor of the legislation...

No, that's not the fact at all.  Far from it, in fact!

Guns don't take pride of place hanging on the walls.  Children very rarely die in accidents by firearm.  

Underground was underground before gun laws, it's irrelevant.  

People can still own guns, if they have a licence to own guns.

Message 8 of 72
Latest reply

People can still own guns, if they have a licence to own guns.

whats the point of owning a gun if you need a licence to do so? Thats like offering free storage for someone else's property. Police know you have it and can take it back anytime they want to.

Message 9 of 72
Latest reply

Amen..............Joanie, if the next thing is muscle cars, Australia has had almost 20 years of gun control, why haven't the "gummint" started seizing the cars?

Message 10 of 72
Latest reply