The world's most livable city

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ah Melbourne.

What's not to love?       Related image

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Wouldn't live in Melb even  if the house was free  ...... Tried it for 3 lonnnng yrs, hated the place

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I love Melbourne, I lived there for 30 years.  If you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If Melbourne is the World's most livable city,  why do most people who live there want to move to Queensland?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

If Melbourne is the World's most livable city,  why do most people who live there want to move to Queensland?

I don't know, but I suspect their moving would increase the average IQ of both Melbourne and Queensland.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I quite like Melbourne but would move to Qld in a heartbeat if I could.  I have no idea why it's supposed to be the most livable city. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

It was cooler today but weather over the last week has been just beautiful-bright blue skies even if the temp was crisp at times.

And homes here have ducted heating so it is toasty warm inside, anyway.

As for livable city, the main troubles here have nothing to do with weather. They have to do with too many people arriving here too quickly and services not able to keep up with them. Too many people on the roads, not enough infrastructure.

I'm recently back from China. I enjoyed it but OMG Beijing. 36c and walking, walking,walking. I looked like a lobster. I hate heat unless I am in the shade near a pool. And the heat hates me.

When the plane lifted off from Shanghai for home, all i could think of was-back to the cool. I'm loving it.

Mind you, China does city roads better than we do. Much better. Then again (in places like Beijing), they drive on rotation, depending on the last digit of the numberplate, so they can only use their car a couple of days a week. And the major cities are tombstone territory with everyone in high rises. really, really high high rises.

And no seats anywhere. Not even in the public toilets.Smiley Frustrated

This is the lucky country, trust me. Whether it is Vic or Qld. we're all lucky. A bit of cool weather won't worry me.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply