They accused police of kidnapping

They accused police of kidnapping, but felt like they were put on trial. Now the 'Pinkenba Six' boys are speaking out

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-19/queensland-police-pinkenba-six-accusers-speak-out/12887558

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Wow, this goes back a few years.I'll watch the clip later.

You know, I can say that with some indigenous youth, there are major attitude problems and many walk around with king size chips on their shoulders and have a thug attitude. Many do not. Sometimes the police have had a guts full of this and go to extreme measures out of frustration. Then again, some police are racist and get away with bashing the heck out of Indigenous Australians and committing murder. Never has a policeman been jailed over a death in custody.

Next to the United States, Australia leads the way with its history of brutal genocide in a colonised country. Racist attitudes exist to this  very day. The problem is that to ask an Indigenous Australian to be the bigger person and allow all the garbage thrown at them to be "water off of a ducks back" is  a big ask!

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Seen a few white Bogans with a thug attitude, think you get thugs in every race on Earth

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, there are many white thugs around, Bogan and non-bogans who are thug wannabes. They cause untold trouble.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Wow, this goes back a few years.I'll watch the clip later.

You know, I can say that with some indigenous youth, there are major attitude problems and many walk around with king size chips on their shoulders and have a thug attitude. Many do not. Sometimes the police have had a guts full of this and go to extreme measures out of frustration. Then again, some police are racist and get away with bashing the heck out of Indigenous Australians and committing murder. Never has a policeman been jailed over a death in custody.

Next to the United States, Australia leads the way with its history of brutal genocide in a colonised country. Racist attitudes exist to this  very day. The problem is that to ask an Indigenous Australian to be the bigger person and allow all the garbage thrown at them to be "water off of a ducks back" is  a big ask!

I've read this three times and still can't follow where you think you're coming from.

You seem to be saying:

Indigenous youths are - good and bad

Cops are - good and bad

Australia - racist (genocidal)

Solution offered = none. But Australian/police garbage needs to be fixed, not indigenous contributions.

My conclusion = scratches head. But your sentiments about the police, Australia and the indigenous and white communities are well noted!

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I said things the way I did to encourage discussion on this.   It is always hoped that some folks can look into a bigger picture.

OK, I'll explain it better for you. Some indigenous youths are bad, some are good. If there is a disproportionate problem with indigenous youth, it can be traced back to what has taken place with an invaded country. Because Aboriginal Australians have been treated poorly and unfairly by the system, problems have manifested themselves.

There are good police and there are bad racist police. Sometimes its hard to tell if the motives by some police are for the greater goof or they are for evil. Because of cases like the killing of  Cameron Doomadgee   of Palm Island and others like this, the old fashioned hard-line approach that some police have used with good intention can never be realised. I'm not saying that this was the case with the Pinkenba lads.

Nobody has found good solutions here. Also non-Aboriginal people need to get over this .... "Hey lets get on with life and move on" attitude. They expect Aboriginal people to act like this racism and brutality doesn't have an effect.

A step in the direction to a solution is .....

Stop  the cover-ups on the deaths in custody and finally punish a guilty person.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Why haven't the names of the Queensland coppers ever been released?

Has any member of the federal LNP government been involved or interested in suppressing this info?

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

A proper investigation should have been done into this. When an Aboriginal man is cooked to death in the back of a police / prison wagon or an Aboriginal man has his liver cleaved in half like cheese on a cutting block and nobody held accountable, chances of transparency into what happened to these boys = nil.

Sickens me!

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Again, I've read your reply and it seems to be very subjective, seemingly with insight to the reasons why indigenous people are the way they are. Also, you seem to have insight to a white Australian attitude where they think, "Hey lets get on with life and move on". Then it's, "Stop  the cover-ups on the deaths in custody and finally punish a guilty person". You seem to know an awful lot about the thoughts and emotions of millions of indigenous and non-indigenous Australians. Very profound

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

I don't know a lot aboiout what folks think as I'm not a telepath.. But there's a couple of things I toss around.  But In have sat in and listened to a few racist bigots in my time. I usually end up telling them what I t think or moving on to where non bigots are.   I also have an interest and listen to a bit of Aboriginal televsion and radio programs.

What's with some is not with all.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply