They're in the stores

Didn't take long. I saw the first massive display of hot cross buns in Coles today.

In the fruit/veg section just as you walk in.

Easter must be on its way & we're not even out of dec yet!Smiley Surprised

On the bright side, as I got to the other end of the store, there were the better quality packs of Christmas bon bons, down from $12 a pack of 6 to $3.Smiley Happy Bought 3, I'm set!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They're in the stores

Yep. Spotted them here on boxing day

Had to double check I was'nt seeing things as they don't usually have them until New Year's day at my local

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

They're in the stores

I presume they are the home brand Hot Cross Buns?  Not necessarily the best tasting.

I do all my grocery shopping online and they are not available online in my area yet. Still, if they are only Coles or Woolies brand it doesn't matter.  What I hate is, when we get closer to Easter, in store they might seller the better brands...but don't offer them to their online shoppers.  Grrrrr.

I reckon the supermarkets could have saved some of the controversy of selling them early if they had started with their Not Cross Buns instead. 🙂

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

They're in the stores

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

I presume they are the home brand Hot Cross Buns?  Not necessarily the best tasting.

I do all my grocery shopping online and they are not available online in my area yet. Still, if they are only Coles or Woolies brand it doesn't matter.  What I hate is, when we get closer to Easter, in store they might seller the better brands...but don't offer them to their online shoppers.  Grrrrr.

I reckon the supermarkets could have saved some of the controversy of selling them early if they had started with their Not Cross Buns instead. 🙂

That wouldnt be any good to me.........I,ve got grumpy old man syndrome, so I,m always cross about something  !!!

Spoiler
Think I might just write a stern letter to the ABC and the Council to complain about it........Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

They're in the stores

@enigmabear wrote:

Yep. Spotted them here on boxing day

Had to double check I was'nt seeing things as they don't usually have them until New Year's day at my local

Forgot to check. I got such a shock to see them there in the first place.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

They're in the stores

Just a thought.....  do they still have crosses on them?.....i must look.      Surely they have been removed by now.    Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

They're in the stores

@bright.ton42 wrote:

Just a thought.....  do they still have crosses on them?.....i must look.      Surely they have been removed by now.    Smiley Frustrated

yes, these ones did.

Hot cross buns are a popular line & the cross piping with its crunch is part of the appeal.

If they want to make them all year round, they could just as easily make them with an X on them most months and a + on them closer to Easter.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply